• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sierra Designs CADPAT Jackets

Garett

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the Sierra Designs military line? Their CADPAT insulated jackets just showed up today in the 2 RCR Kit Shop, they're well built but I'd like to research them before dropping $250 on one.

well, just the other weekend I was as happy as pig in shi# with the issue gore-tex gear. It had been raining and snowing in Pet for a few days when we arrived to do some Crater Groups and Bridge Demolition (capitalized because of the big donkey wood factor); it continued raining trough the night and snowing the next day when the C4 and Triag. said goodby. The mud was just below the rimm of the WWBoot and the outer shell on both the jacket and the overpants were completely soaked yet I was perfectly dry and warm even after working all night in those conditions - beats the crap out of the old combat jacket and rain gear combination we had in the late 80s - I looked like a freaking fool with the wide grin I had o my face.

about the Sierra stuff, I haven't seen it.

chimo,
Frank

The Sierra Designs jacket is like the Sleeka, but with a hood and in CADPAT. Apparently they're coming out with a newer version soon, too bad theres nothing on the internet about it yet.

PanaEng said:
well, just the other weekend I was as happy as pig in shi# with the issue gore-tex gear. It had been raining and snowing in Pet for a few days when we arrived to do some Crater Groups and Bridge Demolition (capitalized because of the big donkey wood factor); it continued raining trough the night and snowing the next day when the C4 and Triag. said goodby. The mud was just below the rimm of the WWBoot and the outer shell on both the jacket and the overpants were completely soaked yet I was perfectly dry and warm even after working all night in those conditions - beats the crap out of the old combat jacket and rain gear combination we had in the late 80s - I looked like a freaking fool with the wide grin I had o my face.

about the Sierra stuff, I haven't seen it.

chimo,
Frank

OK, so I had to be the one to say it: Only an engineer could be happy when he's 'up to here' in mud.

Back