• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should I bother trying to become a pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucannon13

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, so I had my CFAT today and when I had my short interview with an Employment Counsellor afterwards, he told me how impressed he was about my score and how I can essentially choose any job in the Forces that I want (CO or NCM). He encouraged me to pursue a career as a Pilot, but there's one problem I'm having..

I wasn't the most motivated kid in high school; I had the smarts, but not the will. So as can be expected, my grades suffered and I would be hard pressed to find a University to accept me, certainly not RMC.

So because of my test scores and the choices I've been given, I've been told to call in before my interview so that I can tell them what career I've decided on (or this is what they ask everyone to do, I don't know). Based on what I've said, is there a point in trying to become a pilot?

(P.S. Yes, I realize that I should have given it my all so that I wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Don't remind me.)

so let me get this straight , you are not in the forces now , you only did your CFAT , and you are already willing to give up trying to become a pilot before you try anything ???

am I correct ???

If so , please don't even join .... people here are busting their asses to be in the army , they are trying excessively hard to do a career , taking night class / weekend class / etc. ... people here are doing 3 times more effort than what they ever done in their whole life ...

and you are here ready to drop it out because , hey you don't really like to bust your balls off ????

Yes, you should give it a shot.  It may mean doing a few catch up courses to get your grades where they need to be, but the reward is worth it.  You don't want to look back at this moment 40 years from now and wonder, "What if...."

You know what.. I didn't see it before, but I definitely do now. I'm coming off as defeated because my grades aren't good enough. I was looking for more of a 'boots on the ground' sort of job in the first place, a Combat Engineering job in particular. That being said, even I know that becoming a Pilot isn't an opportunity that comes around very often.

I hated school, but I'm willing to push myself past my limit for a career in the military, whatever that career may be. I do have a lot of jobs to consider, but make no mistake, if I choose to be a Pilot.. You better believe I'm gonna work myself ragged to make it happen.

Bucannon13 said:
You know what.. I didn't see it before, but I definitely do now. I'm coming off as defeated because my grades aren't good enough. I was looking for more of a 'boots on the ground' sort of job in the first place, a Combat Engineering job in particular. That being said, even I know that becoming a Pilot isn't an opportunity that comes around very often.

I hated school, but I'm willing to push myself past my limit for a career in the military, whatever that career may be. I do have a lot of jobs to consider, but make no mistake, if I choose to be a Pilot.. You better believe I'm gonna work myself ragged to make it happen.

Thanks for coming out.

---Staff---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back