• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shots ring out around Toronto

Mark C said:
As I said, when the "goblins" have something to fear, they will cease and desist.    

Citizens with no lawful right to effectively defend themselves are nothing more than "victims in waiting".   Sadly, thanks to decades of infrequently-interrupted Liberal/utopian social engineering, Canadian citizens have been relegated to sheep....

Ask yourself this.   What are YOU going to personally be able to do (besides meekly comply, beg, and hope for the best) when criminals enter your home and threaten your loved ones?    Well???

Food for thought....

At present I'm not quite sure that I would buy into having everyone walking around with a sidearm strapped to their side.

But our Laws, Courts, Punishments and Gun Restrictions stink to high heaven. You are quite right, we have
been reduced to sheep waiting for the slaughter.

Property and Home Invasion are now on the rise. But God forbid you should happen to have a firearm in the house and kill or wound one of the two masked Thugs that are ransacking your home. Guess who most likely will be going downtown ?

At a 7-11, Suspect holds knife to throat of Owners Wife while other Suspect empties the till, Owner comes from rear of store, shoots and kills Suspect at till, Other Suspect realeases Wife and attempts to flee, Owner fires and wounds Fleeing Suspect. Guess who's going downtown.

Gun Registry, the biggest waste of public money ever. If I want to buy a firearm, I can go downtown to almost any corner and get one for less than what a Dealer is selling it for.

Punishments, Plea Bargaining there's a area thats a dream world for Criminals in Canada.

P.S. Mark C, if you feel frustrated, imagine how LEO's feel.

Mark C said:
   Anyone heard of a bank robbery in Arizona lately where the citizenry are empowered to openly carry sidearms?   Anyone noticed that the rate of car-jackings and home-invasions (let alone simple B&Es) have dropped dramatically every single year since concealed-carry was enacted in the majority of U.S. states

I appreciate the sentiment, and totally agree that we need some new change to the way things are done, but I see no evidence of what you say. It may be there but I haven't found it...how pointing us to some facts to back up your post?

My thought, also without facts as yet, is that in an armed society those who will be willing to break the law are MORE likely to shoot then simply threaten.

Relatively non-violent societies around the world are not the ones with citizen's carrying handguns in their purses or Mac 10's in the glove box.   Japan, Norway, New Zealand etc. are doing something other than telling cit's to shoot each other, and it seems to work.   What is it?

x-grunt said:
Relatively non-violent societies around the world are not the ones with citizen's carrying handguns in their purses or Mac 10's in the glove box.   Japan, Norway, New Zealand etc. are doing something other than telling cit's to shoot each other, and it seems to work.   What is it?

They don't have a second ammendment or live next to country that does.

Fasteddy,

Have a look around the web-site that Professor Gary Mauser (Simon Fraser University) maintains:  http://www.sfu.ca/~mauser/index1.html

Then, for the U.S. perspective take a gander at the site of Professor John Lott:  http://www.tsra.com/LottPage.htm

Both say much the same thing.  To whit, where duly trained, certified and licensed civilians are permitted to carry firearms for their own self-defence or the defence of others, criminal activity undergoes an inverse decline.  This trend is not simply common sense - it is irrefutable, statistically-documented fact. 

By all means, please delve into the references.  And then please show me something from the Canadian "Coaltion for Gun Control" or the U.S. "Brady Bunch" that can scientifically/statistically refute what Mauser and Lott have to say about the collective benefits of having an armed society.

"Goblins be gone".

Cheers,

Mark     

Give me a good reason why a citizen should be prohibited from arming himself for defence and protection.

Mark C said:
Fasteddy,

Have a look around the web-site that Professor Gary Mauser (Simon Fraser University) maintains:   http://www.sfu.ca/~mauser/index1.html

Then, for the U.S. perspective take a gander at the site of Professor John Lott:   http://www.tsra.com/LottPage.htm

Both say much the same thing.   To whit, where duly trained, certified and licensed civilians are permitted to carry firearms for their own self-defence or the defence of others, criminal activity undergoes an inverse decline.   This trend is not simply common sense - it is irrefutable, statistically-documented fact.  

By all means, please delve into the references.   And then please show me something from the Canadian "Coaltion for Gun Control" or the U.S. "Brady Bunch" that can scientifically/statistically refute what Mauser and Lott have to say about the collective benefits of having an armed society.

"Goblins be gone".

Cheers,

Mark        

Hey, Hey !!! I'm on your side. I indicated that I wouldn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry running around with a fire arm.

As far as finding substantial refutes are you kidding, its the old "Have Faith My Son and Believe".

John Lott's link worked okay but Mauser's wouldn't. No arguing the results and facts there. I bet that rapist got a big surprise.

Back