• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shooting on Toronto city bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scratch_043

Reaction score
Just saw it on the news, Police are looking for 3 to 5 suspects. A 24 year old man was shot 3 times and is in critical condition at Toronto's sunnybrook hospital. An 11 year old girl was also struck and is in toronto Childrens hospital.

Will have link tomorrow.

Jesus H Christ...How bad will it get here! This is F#cking disgusting!

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041128-011/page.asp

The Jane and Wilson area was rocked Sunday afternoon, as two people were shot aboard a T.T.C. bus. Police say one of the victims is a young girl; the other is a man in his 20s.

â Å“At approximately 5:21pm tonight, 31 Division officers responded to a call for shots fired at Jane and Wilson. When they came here, [they discovered that] two parties have been injured, a 24-year-old male and an 11-year-old female; both were taken to hospital and we're awaiting to hear what their condition is,â ? reported Staff Insp. Bill Wardle of Toronto Police.

The young girl was rushed to The Hospital For Sick Children and there have been conflicting reports as to the severity of her injuries. The latest word is that her injuries are life-threatening, as are his.

Investigators were still on scene late Sunday evening and are looking for three suspects including the triggerman.

There is reportedly no connection between the two victims. Officers say that as many as 40 people were on the bus and fled the scene. They want to hear from you if you were a passenger on that bus or were in the area of Jane and Wilson just before 5:30pm. If you were there or know anything, call 31 Division at 416-808-3100 or CrimeStoppers at 416-222-TIPS/8477.

Slim

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1101702259400_51?hub=Canada

That is wild. What is wrong with people? Shooting a kid in the head. I hope they catch those jerks, even though they will probably get a few months in club fed.

Odd and funny (sad actaully) that our PC press could not provide a description of the men who did the shooting...

Sometimes I really hate this city...this is one of those times.

Slim

I'm glad that the little girl is in stable condition, but this really bugs me.  It just shows a complete disregard for innocent people...firing a gun on a bus with 40 people?  you are bound to hit somebody who isn't involved in whatever arguement they had.  Utter disregard for life  :mad:

Slim said:
Odd and funny (sad actually) that our PC press could not provide a description of the men who did the shooting...

(sarcasm turned on) They did. Group of 3-5 males in their early to mid twenties. Crystal clear. What else do you need to know?  ::) (sarcasm turned off)

What is most disturbing about this incident was that it happened on a full bus, and all 5 of these folks got away. Also, most of the bus passangers did not wait for police to give their statements.

I was wondering if someone could help me find my country? I have seemed to have misplaced it. Last time I saw it, it was just North of the US.

I'll pray for that little girl and her family tonight, and kiss my daughter one more time.

Slim said:
Odd and funny (sad actaully) that our PC press could not provide a description of the men who did the shooting...

Depends on which media outlet you're watching/reading - some will describe "a tool useful for displacing piles of equine feces" ... while others use common sense and call a spade "a spade".

Weird, I thought I posted this thread to 'news', but it is now in 'off topic', oh well.

In regard to what you were saying, Slim, about the discription, I think the police were still in the process of interviewing witnesses, and therefore couldn't release a discription at the time most articles were written.

ToRN said:
Weird, I thought I posted this thread to 'news', but it is now in 'off topic', oh well.

"News" is for Canadian Army-related news.
"Current Affairs" is for stuff of direct or indirect interest to the the CF (i.e. Navy, Air Force too).
"Off Topic" is for miscellaneous stuff like this.

As of this morning, only 10 of the 50(approx) peopel on the bus had talked to police. The little girl is in stable, but still bad condition, the bullet entered near her right eye, and exited near her left eye, did not penetrate the skull, but is in danger of vision loss. The man was shot in the head, the chest and the leg. It was done by 3-5 men, apparently the gunmen were talking crap about people and the guy that got shot told them to stop, and was shot for it, there may be extenuating circumstances though. He is still in serious condition. Oh, and the little girls mother was sitting next to her.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/11/30/740872.html

How and why would some one do that. Theres no reason to shoot some one in cold blood on a  bus.
Regards,

WO. McWatt said:
How and why would some one do that. Theres no reason to shoot some one in cold blood on a   bus.
Regards,

These degenerate idiots never have a reason.  They are waste of human life, who need to pack firearms in order feel good about themselves, and call themselves men.  Long gone are the days if you had a problem with buddy you would slug it out one on one, and when it was all over that was it.  Now you get into fights with multiple people or people carrying weapons.  My friends and family used to think I was crazy if I wore my body armour (I used to work security) on the bus, or went to the Scarborough Town Centre, or just walked around my neighbourhood.  Their opinion as of late has changed.

Hatchet Man,

Agree 100%. However, longing for the "old days" won't change the fact that more and more scumbags are armed. The horrid thing of it is is that it's tough to defend yourself when one is armed and the other isn't.

Wonder would these heroes would have opened fire if they knew that everyone else on the bus may be armed as well??

Just once, I'd like to see someone holler "this is a stick up" and have 10 old blue haired ladies open up on him....:)

Canada is changing......

A series of descriptions has been published by Toronto's Cable Pulse 24

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20041203-016/page.asp

The suspects are described as:

#1: The Gunman

Black,
19-21,
6',
Lanky, skinny build,
Large eyes,
Jamaican accent.

He was wearing baggy, dark clothing, and a black sports cap, possibly with yellow trim, and was armed with a silver handgun.

#2:

Black,
20-21,
5'9â ?,
Chubby face,
Full unkempt short beard,
Slim build.

He had on dark, baggy clothing and a sports cap , and was carrying a dark blue knapsack with two black straps.

#3:
Described by police as â Å“Spanishâ ?,
16-18,
5'6â ?,
Black, spiky, well-groomed hair.
Spanish or Latino accent.

He was dressed in light brown or light grey clothing.

Call (416) 808-3104 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (416) 222-TIPS if you know who they are.

Well, they finally published my letter to the editor (in today's Toronto Sun)

Sun, December 19, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's painful to learn about another senseless murder -- another child stolen from family and friends ("'A good kid' killed," Dec. 5). This cycle of violence is not going to stop unless some brave steps are taken. Why do so many cowards try to prove their manhood with violence? Do they need a knife or a gun in order to compensate for their lack of backbone? Is it because they're so weak, physically and intellectually, that they need to be a bully in order to feel big? Why are they just "hanging out" instead of learning the right lessons about teamwork and fair play? What role models are they following? Instead of idolizing thugs, gang-bangers, pimps and other spineless scum, there needs to be a concerted campaign to teach what is true courage, and real heroes. The Sun is doing the right thing by telling the story of Canada's Victoria Cross winners. They went overseas to defend Canada, but now there is a menace right here, right now. This is only the beginning of a battle that must continue to be fought not only in the newspapers, but on television, in movies, in school, on the streets, and at home. It's not "somebody else's job" to teach our children what's right and wrong, it's the duty of every citizen, parent and leader. If we fail, we lose everything. I didn't go to Afghanistan to see my own country go down the toilet. Let's roll.

Mark Bossi

Scarborough

Editor's reponse:  (Hmm, you think maybe military service for some of these kids could be the answer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back