• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shilo block leave

Goober

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Shilo block leave begins? I finish my DP1 course next week and I get posted to Shilo around August 17th, and I'm wondering if I'll get block leave when I get there.

Also, is it true 1 RCHA is going to Afghanistan in Feb 2006?

Their is an artillery component to TF1-06, but no units as of yet have been "confirmed" for TF1-06.  That being said it will most probably be from 1 RCHA, from what we've been told

Block leave for 1 RCHA is by Battery this summer.  A and C are already done and B Bty is on leave now for the next 2 weeks.  Most of the regt is going to Wainwright from mid-Sep to end Oct for the Brigade Training Event.  So if you arrive 17 Aug you'll probably get a few days to move in but don't hold your breath on getting loads of time off, depending on which battery you get posted to.

"A" Bty will be with TF 1-06 and will likely go to Afghanistan in Feb 06.  But there is no official order yet.

Nope.  If 2VP stays you might have the odd FOO party from B Bty with you but that's it. 

I think we are (as of now) to test out the kit but the weather and or $$$ my shut that down.

Thanks for the answers guys. Another quick question, is "C" Bty a jump bty?

No.   There aren't (to my knowledge) jump batteries.   Only gunners with the jump course.

Just to add "C" Bty is not an offcial jump battery.  We take priority in the Regiment, 3 VP is kind enough to give us spots so we take them.  Got a course coming up in Nov and another in Feb. 

Back