• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shearwater 12 Wing

nickanick

Inactive
Reaction score
Are there any Techs out there who have been posted or currently posting in this wing,
and won't Mind to share your experience with us?

I'm an AVN Tech at 423 Sqn, if you have specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Hi peabody,

when can AVN techs, who just started QL3, be able to get posted on a ship?

You're looking at perhaps 4 years or so from the time you get to Shearwater until you find yourself high on the Cpl sea list.  As you move up in rank the wait gets longer.  Current tours on helairdets are from 18-24 months.  It can vary, depending on qualification requirements, etc.

All you have to do is get your self to Pat Bay.....you'll be sailing as a Pte once you are done the Navy ship course (NETP). Several of the young guys out here have been out on the ships.

Just be careful what you wish for.....

Is it possible to get posted to Pat Bay out of QL3 (AVS) or do they send people from Shearwater there?

We get new folks out of QL3 here, plus a smattering of Shearwater folks and a few off fleet pers as well.  I feel that it would be more beneficial to roll people out here once they've spent some time in Shearwater, but moving people cross country gets pricey so we do our best to bring people up to speed once they're here.

Back