• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
While anyone is at it ask about a gang rape survivor being belittled about their mental health during a "healing symposium".

And a Navy Chief Petty Officer1 "overstepping" her boundaries.
Ok can I get in on this? what was said or done? Remember - infantry. Small words please.

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
oops...

Basketball Falling GIF by Philadelphia 76ers

lol you owe DND a new keyboard lol

Just like the CCFR is never ceases to amaze me how our people are so capable of own goals... Jesus H Christ know your audience.

Lumber

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Ok can I get in on this? what was said or done? Remember - infantry. Small words please.
In a nut shell, during "Restoring Hearts and Minds Symposium**", a woman named Diane Rose asked a question. The question she asked is not shared.

Apparently, sometime shortly after, during a short break in the symposium, several other attendees started talking smack about Diane Rose, questioning why she was allowed to ask a question, they began discussing her mental health, and they made statements indicating they believe she is one who creates problems.

The thing is, those making these statements/having these discussions still had their microphones on, including that of the MARLANT Formation CPO1, and many people over heard the conversation, including Diane Rose.

**the event was promoted by INJ20K, an group that advocates for a few sexual misconduct survivors, and was sponsored by the department of defence in concert with McMaster University and organization such as True Patriot Love

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
In a nut shell, during "Restoring Hearts and Minds Symposium**", a woman named Diane Rose asked a question. The question she asked is not shared.

Apparently, sometime shortly after, during a short break in the symposium, several other attendees started talking smack about Diane Rose, questioning why she was allowed to ask a question, they began discussing her mental health, and they made statements indicating they believe she is one who creates problems.

The thing is, those making these statements/having these discussions still had their microphones on, including that of the MARLANT Formation CPO1, and many people over heard the conversation, including Diane Rose.

**the event was promoted by INJ20K, an group that advocates for a few sexual misconduct survivors, and was sponsored by the department of defence in concert with McMaster University and organization such as True Patriot Love
I do enjoy when they begin to eat their own 😄

markppcli

Reaction score
I'd share the article, but it's by he who shall not be named, and we're not allowed to share his articles drivel.
Bit awkward when he’s one of one reporters who actually covers the CAF, are we afraid of the fact his articles have been critical of an organization that produces a senior memeber who can’t even understand to turn their mic off when they talk shit about a rape survivor in a public setting ?

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Bit awkward when he’s one of one reporters who actually covers the CAF, are we afraid of the fact his articles have been critical of an organization that produces a senior memeber who can’t even understand to turn their mic off when they talk shit about a rape survivor in a public setting ?
That’s not why that reporter is not referred to here. It is a legal liability issue resulting in a restriction within the Site Guidelines.

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Read the site guidelines and the following thread for an answer to your question:

TacticalTea

Reaction score
Get the popcorn ready for this

I've known nothing quite as infuriating as being falsely accused of something you didn't do.

This is its worst form, that which leads to prosecution for sexual offences.

But there is a wide range of damaging false allegations lobbed every day at normal people just trying to get by in life.

The inevitable outcome of a system and society that incentivize victimhood and clout-chasing without providing the slightest negative consequence for dishonesty. Hell, this speaks to a greater ill in our society: deceit seems to permeate its every facet.

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Did you read the verdict, or just decide to launch your salvo untainted by knowledge? There is nothing from the court that suggests deceit on the part of the accuser; rather, the judge acknowledges that there was nothing properly before the court offering proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Did you read the verdict, or just decide to launch your salvo untainted by knowledge? There is nothing from the court that suggests deceit on the part of the accuser; rather, the judge acknowledges that there was nothing properly before the court offering proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
Still not sure how this one got to trial, I don't think it would have happened if he wasn't a high profile person. I don't think there was external political pressure on the prosecutors, but I'm sure the 'optics' factored into their decision to bring this to trial.

It was a pretty interesting, as the judge agreed that the victim had been assaulted, but didn't think it was actually Fortin (within the burden of proof). That seems like a pretty basic thing to nail down before you go to trial, but I can't see how they'll somehow roll that into any administrative punishment.

KevinB

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Reaction score
I would say that while some may not doubt the accusers testimony, it seems very strange given the conflicting testimony to believe she was actually in full belief it was in fact MGen Fortin.
Some of her facts didn't jive with him being the one, and it is unfortunate that it even went as far as it did.

This isn't to say she wasn't assaulted - but that in looking at the facts, it appears she latched on to a visible persona who was simply in the "right place" at the "right time".