• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't see all the evidence(see also closed Bde Comd held summary trial) but that was my understanding.

I agree with you and struggle with why this cat wasn't kicked the fuck out

If we're talking of the same jerking off in the shower guy, then he was promoted to MWO. Surely there was only one in Edmonton? I just had no idea he was a WO when it happened.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
I’ve had that corroborated from another source, for what little that’s worth.

Pretty effing stupid on the part of those involved, if this is reported accurately.

Seconded... it's not even slightly witty, which is an even better reason to punish the offending pair.

Kilted

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Interestingly, the QR&O chapter on summary proceedings says they should normally be open to the public The decision to close these ones suggests that the leadership is still thinking damage control.

Of course, NDA 20(1) states that commissions are granted during pleasure, suggesting a fairly low legal bar to tossing officers out of the CAF. But alleged "procedural fairness" means a lot of garbage is indefinitely retained instead.
Well, that is the same term of office for the Prime Minister as well.

Kilted

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
One of the most disappointing summary trials of was for a WO accused of sexual harassment ( jerking off in the shower at the base gym) that the Bde commander held in his office. Excellent officer and leader but the fact he would want to shield the WO from public scrutiny was telling.

When I pointed out my concern, I was told by my boss (the WO was one of his subordinates) to drop the issue.

While my boss was a push over and IMHO weak at best, so I don't account his actions entirely to his own devising it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Well, was this individual discovered because someone was spying on him?

Furniture

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Well, was this individual discovered because someone was spying on him?
Now I'm curious... Was the subject WO cleaning vigorously in their own stall and someone decided to check on them, or was this a public thing?

Definitely changes the dynamic if the former and not the latter.

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
If we're talking of the same jerking off in the shower guy, then he was promoted to MWO. Surely there was only one in Edmonton? I just had no idea he was a WO when it happened.
Same guy.. The fact they promoted* him was worse made even worse by the fact they were absolutely useless at their job. We celebrated them being able to manage a single traffic control point during a bde road move.

It was hilarious at best and completely CAF standard

*EDIT - Note I was wrong. guy wasn't promoted after, was always a MWO

Last edited by a moderator: