• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
The problem I see is that a lot of these people missed the mark entirely about what's being said and what is being asked of RMC. They are taking something personally, when it's definitely directed at the systemic.
They are a product of the system. Thus tend to take it personally.
MGen Bernard did something foolish without realizing the follow on effects; but honestly, the greater problem is that enough RMC Grads, serving or otherwise, are getting their hackles up over the suggestion that RMC might need some tweaking. I dunno about these folks, but I would think improving the standing and calibre of people coming out of my Alma Mater would be something g to welcome, not get pissy about on LinkedIn for the whole world to see....
One would think…

However if Lt or Capt Bloggins posts it, it’s doesn’t have a lot of weight. Someone who is a MG probably should understand that their words/text are going to carry more weight, and being a GO/FO they are expected to understand that, and anticipate what their comments might do.

Frankly the CAF would be better suited to ensuring it’s officer corps doesn’t have a Linked In profile - and definitely not GOFO’s as they should not be be out fishing in the job market or trolling networks.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
The problem I see is that a lot of these people missed the mark entirely about what's being said and what is being asked of RMC. They are taking something personally, when it's definitely directed at the systemic.

MGen Bernard did something foolish without realizing the follow on effects; but honestly, the greater problem is that enough RMC Grads, serving or otherwise, are getting their hackles up over the suggestion that RMC might need some tweaking. I dunno about these folks, but I would think improving the standing and calibre of people coming out of my Alma Mater would be something g to welcome, not get pissy about on LinkedIn for the whole world to see....
I would expect RMC to get no less a vociferous and reflexive defence from those who came through it than the Canadian Airborne Regiment did. Absolutely a bunch of alums are going to dig in hard. It’s an identity thing.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Another senior member who doesn't understand social media.
MGen Bernard did something foolish without realizing the follow on effects;

OR, he knew exactly what he was doing throwing up the RMC colours waving the flag around then exaggerated eye roll took down his post because of snow flakes and their cancel culture wink wink.

These generals keep doing bone headed things they shouldn't, with this lame excuse that they didn't know better. Not knowing better doesn't fly for most ranks in the CAF but it seems to for our GOFO's, all good.

Speaking of which,

I accept accountability

That's nice. Are we supposed to be humbled by these GOFOs accepting responsibility for their actions when we expect 18 year old privates to accept responsibility for theirnactions? Is there someone else who should be responsible for a GOFOs actions?

Last edited:

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
That's nice. Are we supposed to be humbled by these GOFOs accepting responsibility for their actions when we expect 18 year old privates to accept responsibility for theirnactions? Is there someone else who should be responsible for a GOFOs actions?

Would have been more sincere if he had cried…

#masterapologylesson

1654832431680.jpeg

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
All of Bill C-77 comes into force on June 20:

Just to add quickly; I just completed MJUL today - recommend it for anyone who has done or will do UDI/CL trg with their DJAs. There’s a fair amount of info covered - and recommend being distraction-free for the 8-10 hours it will take. MJUL is only available on DLN 3.0.

Not sure about the whole country, but there’s some WO + level V-trg happening soon with our DJA CWO on “the new way”. This is one to get ahead of the curve on IMO.

TacticalTea

Reaction score
Just to add quickly; I just completed MJUL today - recommend it for anyone who has done or will do UDI/CL trg with their DJAs. There’s a fair amount of info covered - and recommend being distraction-free for the 8-10 hours it will take. MJUL is only available on DLN 3.0.
Getting a brief tomorrow on the reforms, but it seems to be more generalistic (and brief!) in nature (all ranks included), so I will absolutely get on that.
Not sure about the whole country, but there’s some WO + level V-trg happening soon with our DJA CWO on “the new way”. This is one to get ahead of the curve on IMO.
I also almost called the local JAG office today to ask about that. Got carried away with other stuff.

dimsum

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
RCAF folks (not sure about other elements) also have a really short (8 min) video and short PPT deck from Comd 2 CAD that summarizes the changes. I also just did MJUL and the video/PPT did a good job at highlighting the important parts.

I also recommend that everyone who can spare the time, etc do MJUL. It's actually a pretty decent course for DLN.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
The Police are top of the charts today in Richmond ;)

Richmond RCMP officer denies flashing, masturbating near private schools​

Andrew James Seangio is on trial for three counts of exposing his genitals to people under 16 for a sexual purpose and seven allegations of committing an indecent act in public.

A Richmond RCMP officer is denying allegations he exposed his genitals to Vancouver private school students while driving through Vancouver’s tony Shaughnessy neighbourhood in early 2019.

Andrew James Seangio, 37, is on trial in B.C. Supreme Court, facing a 10-count indictment that includes three counts of exposing his genital organs to people under 16 for a sexual purpose. The remaining seven counts involve allegations of committing an indecent act in public.

Crown prosecutor Geoff Baragar told Glacier Media the allegations include two undercover officers dressed as schoolgirls.

As Baragar closed his case on July 4, defence lawyer Glen Orris began by putting Seangio on the stand.

“He has not been involved in any illegal act,” Orris told the jury before Seangio was sworn in, adding his client was not picked out of photo line-ups shown to complainants.

Almost immediately, Orris asked, “Have you ever exposed yourself or masturbated while in your car?”

“No, I have not,” Seangio said.

Seangio told Orris before Justice Catherine Wedge that he was employed with the Richmond RCMP detachment and worked for military police reserves out of Richmond’s Colonel Sherman Armoury.

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score

Andrew James Seangio is on trial for three counts of exposing his genitals to people under 16 for a sexual purpose and seven allegations of committing an indecent act in public.

A Richmond RCMP officer is denying allegations he exposed his genitals to Vancouver private school students while driving through Vancouver’s tony Shaughnessy neighbourhood in early 2019.

Andrew James Seangio, 37, is on trial in B.C. Supreme Court, facing a 10-count indictment that includes three counts of exposing his genital organs to people under 16 for a sexual purpose. The remaining seven counts involve allegations of committing an indecent act in public.

Crown prosecutor Geoff Baragar told Glacier Media the allegations include two undercover officers dressed as schoolgirls.

As Baragar closed his case on July 4, defence lawyer Glen Orris began by putting Seangio on the stand.

“He has not been involved in any illegal act,” Orris told the jury before Seangio was sworn in, adding his client was not picked out of photo line-ups shown to complainants.
Did they show his genitals in the line up?

Almost immediately, Orris asked, “Have you ever exposed yourself or masturbated while in your car?”

Seangio told Orris before Justice Catherine Wedge that he was employed with the Richmond RCMP detachment and worked for military police reserves out of Richmond’s Colonel Sherman Armoury.

RangerRay

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

I didn’t see this in the article, but my question is: was he on duty in a marked police vehicle and in uniform at the time? 🤯