• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
6 weeks of watching Amber Heard lie, commit perjury, act stupid and clueless, and be a psycho.
Ghislane Maxwell's trial was barely covered by comparison. Of course the victims of Epstein, Maxwell and Andrew - the victims were children - weren't Hollywood elites.

WLSC

Reaction score
I was in a meeting once where someone actually knocked their ring on the table to interject a point; I'm not sure if it was intentional but there was a few of us laughing at them fairly openly until we could get ourselves under control; I thought it was just an absurd stereotype but not something that would actually happen, especially when they weren't being ironic or something as a joke.

Probably a good example of the worse kind of RMC grad, but probably would have just been a bit insufferable in a different way if they had gone somewhere else (or might just have knocked a grad ring from whatever university they went to instead).

When we are so strapped for people, tying up a lot working as instructors, divOs etc to deliver an undergrad program doesn't make sense to me, when we have all kinds of excellent universities in Canada that do it better for cheaper. The infrastructure required to deliver a university program for a school with less students than my high school is a bit mind boggling. Our actual training establishments for trades training are usually strapped for people and resources, so I think we'd be better off using that and just focusing on the core military trades training. Along those lines, lots of relevant core technical trades that can be delivered in partnership with different colleges, which we've pulled away from.
That system do one big deplorable thing. It take a bunch of kid that manage to pervert everything we teach them into a « old boys club » in winch they spend the rest of there career protecting each other because they perceived that they are untouchable and have to protect le club above the service to Canada.

After Somalia, this is strike 2 with 3 balls.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
The only victims in the Deep V Heard trial are the sad folks who payed attention to it at length...
Ha, guilty.
Her lawyer objecting to his own question was on point.

In all seriousness the trial is a wicked example of someone fabricating an outlandish story, being believed, and the devastating aftermath of those lies.

Additional good take aways for anyone in a position to question others in an interview/interrogation situation and also dealing with people who have mental health issues (specifically BPD).

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
The main point here is that Depp was sufficiently resourced to defend himself, otherwise her story would still stand.
He wasn’t defending himself technically. He brought a defamation suit against Heard. She counter sued for defamation as well.

No one was on trial for assault, sexual abuse or what not even though those things were germaine to the defamation issues.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
FFS. He was defending his reputation from the smears.

GK .Dundas

Reaction score
I just hope they give the jury some the money awarded. God knows they deserve it having two put up with two of the worst human beings I've seen in some time.

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
FFS. He was defending his reputation from the smears.
Literally said it was the only reason he did it.

I need some context to that :ROFLMAO:
Go on YouTube and watch some of the cross-examinations. They are hilarious.

Amber Heard lied so many times. The best lie was the "bruise kit" where her lawyer held up this makeup kit and said "this is what Amber used to conceal her abuse".... company who made kit came out in public and said "that's impossible, we only started making those kits two years after the alleged offences occurred"

280683274_2538981906238631_4461249558124340762_n.jpg

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Didn’t mean to upset you.

Was just a point of clarification. You weren’t wrong in your statement.

Cheers.

I marvel at the unnecessary pedantic behavior. This characteristic is why DND can't get nice things.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
I marvel at the unnecessary pedantic behavior. This characteristic is why DND can't get nice things.
Sorry you feel that way. My apologies.

Clearly you are taking this personally. Wasn’t my intent.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Literally said it was the only reason he did it.

Go on YouTube and watch some of the cross-examinations. They are hilarious.

Amber Heard lied so many times. The best lie was the "bruise kit" where her lawyer held up this makeup kit and said "this is what Amber used to conceal her abuse".... company who made kit came out in public and said "that's impossible, we only started making those kits two years after the alleged offences occurred"

280683274_2538981906238631_4461249558124340762_n.jpg
She was incredibly inconsistant in most of her statements. The part about pledging and donating money was a face palm situation and I’m being charitable when I say that.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
She was incredibly inconsistant in most of her statements. The part about pledging and donating money was a face palm situation and I’m being charitable when I say that.
The interesting bit about that is that she also said under oath in the UK that she had done that, but then the opposite under oath in the US. Seems like a bad idea to perjure yourself in such a public case, but doubt anything will come of it.

Ashamed I know that, and that was with trying to intentionally avoid this mess created by two people being awful to each other. They are like toddlers but with millions of dollars and access to booze/drugs.