• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The judge can only sentence based on the charges and evidence before them. In this case, sentencing has to be aligned with a single charge and the small pieces of evidence before him. Any other conduct can't be considered by the judge unless it is properly before the court.

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
This just in ...
I do enjoy how corruption in procurement has become so entrenched that John Vance can literally use it in his Defence on why he shouldn't receive a criminal record LOL

Me paraphrasing and not a direct quote:

'You're honour a finding of guilt for this crime would leave me unable to leverage my considerable connections and status to receive monetary compensation for my services'

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score

Given the complete circumstances around "the case", and his position(s) held during events that took place; there's no question for me - I do not believe Vance has a place in the Order anymore.

To offer a comparison and precedence that doesn't involve a former Wing commander I won't name; Rick Fancy was stripped of his MMM for wearing Jump Wings and 2 medals he hasn't earned (Somalia and GCS-SWA). He was a Reg Frce WO who CTd and was then a Res MWO when he did his stupidity. He was demoted, fined $300 and relieved of his MMM.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
There have been a couple MWOs stripped of their Order of Militart Merit for getting caught wearing gongs they weren’t entitled to- even just a Jube in one case. I’d say the present case certainly calls for it.

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
There have been a couple MWOs stripped of their Order of Militart Merit for getting caught wearing gongs they weren’t entitled to- even just a Jube in one case. I’d say the present case certainly calls for it.
One MWO was terminated and one resigned. One LCol resigned and another RCAF LCol was terminated following her second conviction for a total of six service offences.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Given the complete circumstances around "the case", and his position(s) held during events that took place; there's no question for me - I do not believe Vance has a place in the Order anymore.

To offer a comparison and precedence that doesn't involve a former Wing commander I won't name; Rick Fancy was stripped of his MMM for wearing Jump Wings and 2 medals he hasn't earned (Somalia and GCS-SWA). He was a Reg Frce WO who CTd and was then a Res MWO when he did his stupidity. He was demoted, fined $300 and relieved of his MMM.

Someone has already started a petition calling for Vance's removal from the order.

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
If you are court martialed for drunken sexual misconduct, obviously you should be promoted, then named to a senior CWO position, especially if you're a MP, right?

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
If you are court martialed for drunken sexual misconduct, obviously you should be promoted, then named to a senior CWO position, especially if you're a MP, right?

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office
I mean maybe he is still the best person for the job? Wonder what the other candidates looked like 😁

At least we corrected our mistake this time ?

The RCN likes to leave these folks in place :)

We just make them the Navy Commander 🤣 and apparently hanging out with your former boss when he is under investigation for obstruction, which he has since plead guilty for, isn't a big deal though 🤔

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I mean maybe he is still the best person for the job? Wonder what the other candidates looked like 😁

We just make them the Navy Commander 🤣 and apparently hanging out with your former boss when he is under investigation for obstruction, which he has since plead guilty for, isn't a big deal though 🤔
I'm thinking the current CRCN is retiring this year. I fear that a potential replacement is interesting........

btrudy

Reaction score
At least we corrected our mistake this time ?

The RCN likes to leave these folks in place :)
I wouldn't say the mistake was actually corrected. The fellow is still a CWO after all. He just doesn't happen to be a CWO filling a specific billet.

Fire him, and demote whoever made the decision to put him in that job despite his rather obvious baggage. BGen Trudeau according to the article I guess?