• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF

Eye In The Sky said:
It's happening in (at least some) RCAF units as well.

Although it is not (yet?) mandatory in my command, my CO and I have discussed and decided that 100% of our pers will undertake the Bystander Training.  It is underway. The CO and I also both figure that, at some point after the holidays, we may receive a message from higher that directs 100% undertaken throughout command by end-FY.  And, this gives us a 3 month head-start for what we feel is sure to come because we are busy enough at end-FY already ...

Oh, and to the gentleman from this site who trained my pers last week:  "Thank you" and they stated you did an excellent job of it and made it relevant and interesting.

Is it recorded on MPRRs like the initial one was (shows up on my MM MPRR, not sure about the EMMA version)?

Eye In The Sky said:
Is it recorded on MPRRs like the initial one was (shows up on my MM MPRR, not sure about the EMMA version)?

I think I put the code in this thread somewhere already.

ArmyVern said:
Oh, and to the gentleman from this site who trained my pers last week:  "Thank you" and they stated you did an excellent job of it and made it relevant and interesting.

You're welcome?....

ArmyVern said:

It was my pleasure!  As much as we bemoan additional training this is one crse I will gladly take, give or have soldiers attend and I fucking hate mandatory all means all training with a passion.

This is crse or presentation when given properly is mint.

MJP said:
It was my pleasure!  As much as we bemoan additional training this is one crse I will gladly take, give or have soldiers attend and I ******* hate mandatory all means all training with a passion.

This is crse or presentation when given properly is mint.

I wonder if we can put videos of these presentations on a site of some kind for the use of other presenters, or others who want to peruse them for their own information?

Done effectively, it's precious little presentation and primarily people participating. 

dapaterson said:
Done effectively, it's precious little presentation and primarily people participating.

Just my point. We train presenters already. Facilitators? Not

PuckChaser said:

This TED Talk is being touted a lot lately and quite frankly I did not find it very good. He is very emotional and invested but...much like the Bystander scenarios, is the best that can be offered in terms of setting standard?

University of Calgary has a program titled Respect in the Workplace:  http://respectintheworkplace.com/

From the info-machine:
On January 9, 2017, pre-trial motions will begin for the general court martial of Ex-Petty Officer, 2nd Class James Wilks, a former Canadian Armed Forces medical technician, in relation to sexual assault and breach of trust charges.

When:

Monday, January 9, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
    Pre-trial motions expected, January 9 – 13, 2017.
    General court martial expected to begin January 16, 2017.

Where: Asticou Centre, Bloc 2600, Room 2601, 241 Boulevard Cité-des-Jeunes, Gatineau (QC) ...

And the military justice system carries on, finding someone NOT guilty ...
Yesterday (5 Jan 2017), Master Corporal Dustin Jackson was found not guilty by a standing court martial in Gatineau, Quebec.

The charges were related to an alleged sexual assault of a female member of the Canadian Armed Forces in Ottawa, Ontario in October, 2011, which was reported in January 2014. 
Quick Facts

Of the two charges which were preferred by the Director of Military Prosecutions on April 13, 2015, Military Judge, Lieutenant-Colonel Louis-Vincent d’Auteuil:

Found Master Corporal Jackson not guilty of one charge of sexual assault under section 130 of the National Defence Act (NDA) (section 271 Criminal Code of Canada).

Found Master Corporal Jackson not guilty of one charge of having behaved in a disgraceful manner under section 93 of the NDA.

The CAF takes all allegations of any form of sexual misconduct seriously and is committed to dealing with them as quickly as possible ...

From the info-machine:
On January 9, 2017, pre-trial motions began for the general court martial of Ex-Petty Officer, 2nd Class James Wilks, a former Canadian Armed Forces medical technician. He is being tried on eight charges with respect to six complainants; seven charges of breach of trust by a public officer and one for sexual assault.

A mandatory publication ban has already been ordered in respect of the complainant in the sexual assault allegation. The prosecution will also be seeking publication bans on the names and other information that could identify the five other complainants. These bans are being sought in order to protect the privacy of the complainants. The application for these further bans will be made on January 12, 2017 or as soon after as the court can accommodate.

More from the info machine:
On January 9, 2017, pre-trial motions began for the general court martial of Ex-Petty Officer, 2nd Class James Wilks, a former Canadian Armed Forces medical technician. He is currently being tried on eight charges with respect to six complainants. Of these eight charges, seven are for breach of trust by a public officer, and one is for sexual assault.

On January 9 and 12, 2017, the Prosecution requested a publication ban on the names of the six complainants, which was granted by the Chief Military Judge. The prosecution will also be seeking a redaction order to keep the complainants medical information private, as it would otherwise be publicly available. The redaction order application will be made on or around January 23, 2017, depending on the court’s ability to accommodate this request ...

The latest one in Shilo was 10 months from incident to charge.  Likely another year before trial. 

Simian Turner said:
This TED Talk is being touted a lot lately and quite frankly I did not find it very good. He is very emotional and invested but...much like the Bystander scenarios, is the best that can be offered in terms of setting standard?

University of Calgary has a program titled Respect in the Workplace:  http://respectintheworkplace.com/
It makes me angry. I recently took the "respect in the CAF" course and we watch this video. While any message he had may have been good,  it is lost in the first 10 minutes with his self congratulatory , pro feminist, anti male tirade. His work maybe good but he is a terrible presenter and this is a Tedx talk for a women's empowerment group which may have tainted his message a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back