• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

What about limiting posts for nonsubscribers? For instance, only 25 posts without a subscription.

I'm really getting frustrated with hitting the same message over and over.

I know that this only affects me, but sometimes you just gotta vent :)

Unemployed and then as a student, I know I owe back subscriptions....but the time outs are frustrating.

Hitting the refresh button, I feel like Sheldon

hqdefault.jpg

Penny......Penny........Penny

It's not much but I donated $2 for now, whenever my tax refund gets here it will be a little more then a lousy $2.

Thanks for the donations and recent subscriptions. I've made minor progress with the issue, the site should be "usable with mild frustration" now as opposed to "causes rage". I'm hoping to get back to a "encourages trolling" level of performance soon.

It truly does, thank you all for the support. As I type this, I'm watching the server load rise again, but my I feel like I am closing in on the cause. It seems to be related to a recent PHP upgrade, and specifically to the gd image module. Yes, it seems to be very aptly named.

Mike I would suggest Burstnet Managed Servers.They have a variety of plans including closeout servers and virtual private servers.

http://burst.net/servers.php

http://burst.net/winvps.php

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into it as an option.

In the mean time, I think I have been able to affect a mild performance improvement on the server. Fingers crossed!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into it as an option.

In the mean time, I think I have been able to affect a mild performance improvement on the server. Fingers crossed!

Situation;  No change here, still can't access "show new replies to your posts"

Folks,

You may notice some changes today. In an effort to help spread the load evenly across all sites, when the server is under heavy load you may automatically be transferred to a different site to keep things balanced. The general idea is to fool the server into thinking that each of the site (Army.ca, Navy.ca, Air-Force.ca and Milnet.ca) are under equal load, as opposed to having one (usually Army.ca) "redline" and cause server load problems.

Note that the content remains the same, and no further changes to the site are required. Early tests indicate that this move - while introducing a minor interruption at times - is having a positive effect on server performance.

Cheers and thanks for your patience,

Mike

Can we request to have the Navy screen inflicted upon us for April Fools' Day?  I know it's the Airforce birthday, but their pastel, powder blue colour scheme is just painfully lame.

Although I now have further insight into why there are so many "Army guys are picking on me" posts from the zoomies; it's the testosterone-draining colour.  Mind you, you have to give them credit for typing with a limp wrist.

Back