• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Journeyman said:
Can we request to have the Navy screen inflicted upon us for April Fools' Day?  I know it's the Airforce birthday, but their pastel, powder blue colour scheme is just painfully lame.

Although I now have further insight into why there are so many "Army guys are picking on me" posts from the zoomies; it's the testosterone-draining colour.  Mind you, you have to give them credit for typing with a limp wrist.

If you think this is bad, you should have been up earlier. When he was setting this up the pages cycled - Milnet, Army, then Navy and then Air-Force, in sequence - as one tried to post something!  :eek:

I have an idea ...

Let's change the Air-Force page colours to a green scheme.  :nod:
Oh, and Happy Birthday, RCAF.  :salute:

Journeyman said:
Although I now have further insight into why there are so many "Army guys are picking on me" posts from the zoomies; it's the testosterone-draining colour.  Mind you, you have to give them credit for typing with a limp wrist.

Me too!  Mind you, I failed the Aircrew Medical - it turns out that my testicles were too big....

E.R. Campbell said:
I have an idea ...

Let's change the Air-Force page colours to a green scheme.  :nod:
Oh, and Happy Birthday, RCAF.  :salute:

That would make the Tac Hel guys happy.

I'm going to jinx it and say that we have made a small increment of progress here again. After another series of changes yesterday, the server load seems to be settling in to a more reasonable level.

Thanks for your patience all!

Quick rub this....

rabbits-foot.jpg

;D

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'm going to jinx it and say that we have made a small increment of progress here again. After another series of changes yesterday, the server load seems to be settling in to a more reasonable level.

Thanks for your patience all!

Doing awesome Mike, AO is still a little tough to get into but it seems once you get in you can play for a bit. Its just I lost my pays played streak....oh well its for the good of the system at a whole so no complaints

great job.

WPJ said:
Doing awesome Mike, AO is still a little tough to get into but it seems once you get in you can play for a bit. Its just I lost my pays played streak....oh well its for the good of the system at a whole so no complaints

great job.

Well that's hardly fair. I've reconnected everyone to their longest streak.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Well that's hardly fair. I've reconnected everyone to their longest streak.

Thanks mike, I must have missed a day then during the conversion as it said I missed CR time, no worries it just gives me anther challenge to do.

Thanks again for your hard work

Quick question;  would limiting the number of "guests" that can be on the server at any one time help?  Every time there is a lot of "server is busy" "search has been temporarily disabled" error messages, there seems to be 700+ "quests" on the site.

Eye In The Sky said:
Quick question;  would limiting the number of "guests" that can be on the server at any one time help?  Every time there is a lot of "server is busy" "search has been temporarily disabled" error messages, there seems to be 700+ "quests" on the site.

Not Mike and the technical expert, but there are numerous "guests" registering onto the site daily.  Many are Spammers.  Many are bots.  Somehow creating code that tries to determine who and who not to allow access to the site, limiting them may in turn cause more system load.

In support of George's idea to limit guests,whats the chance of limiting the board to members only.I am also a member at Lightfighter and you cant read the forum without joining.

Getting worse for me the last three or four days, 8 out of 10 clicks lands me on the EFF YOU page.

It seems to have been a difficult day for the server. 

3rd attempt to read the site is the charm.
This is my 1st time logging into Milnet.ca  ;D

This seems to happen to me more when I click "show new replies to your posts" vs when I click "show unread posts since last visit." Not sure if that helps with finding the underlying cause.

Back