• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sequence of a Suppressor failing...

KevinB

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Reaction score
The Can suffered from a failed baffle after about 580rds fired today -- then we just let it have it (no baffles remain inside it now... ;D).

My guess is a poor weld let go on the baffle -- and after it left go it damaged the others which led to baffle strikes and then comlete failure

Step1.jpg

Step2.jpg

Step3.jpg

Step4.jpg

Step5.jpg

Step6.jpg

Step7.jpg

Step8.jpg

Step9.jpg

Step10.jpg

I have some video coming.

The suppressor failed after a lifespan of only about 580 rounds or just failed after todays shooting that included 580 rounds?

#2  -- but I have been corrected by the two with me that they fired a large number of their mags out of my carbine before the failure -- so we may be over 1k today.

It was a Republic of South African built can (I've added them to the list of companies not to buy suppressors from -- which is additionally anything Swiss or British (I've had QC KABOOMS from them)

Lucky the rounds didn't get jammed in the can,nice exit hole.Damn them shitty forien welders. lol.Buy  :cdn:

Quagmire said:
Whore. ;D
Would have been nice to hear it before failure.

Think .22LR rifle 

I'm actually an attention slut -- way worse that a ATN Whore  ;)

Only one company in Canada makes a suppressor (PGWDTI) the other companies distribute suppressors for other manufactuers.
Secondly getting items for contractors from Canada is next to impossible since DFAIT seem to beleive that we are the enemy

Har.... Makes me wonder what the sound was like when that vent hole opened.

Back