• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Senator and Polaris Institute challenge PMC's

What refreshing irony.  Instead of having government intrude where it believes free market has failed, we have free market security solutions for places governments fear or despise to tread (the shitty little conflicts of the world and the people caught up in them).

Actually in a lot of areas it is supporting the gov't entities -- look at Iraq and Afghan a LOT of mission are in support of the US Department of State for their own integral security the DSS is not numerous enough to look after the the personnel that currently need to be protected.

It is an area where the market is filling the deficiet in Gov't security assets.  Secondly the compnaies that are operating in Iraq and Afghan (and expect to see major profits latter down the line) are required by their insurance companies to provide security both for the capital assets and human ones.

Lastly you never get gov't pers in some of these positions - their union who bitch to high heaven...

Maybe PMC's are considered to be some sort of ex-post facto threat to Quebec independence. I could see many corporations hiring armed security guards to protect their physical assets in a fledgling breakaway state that is dissolving into civil war. In fact, I can see some towns and village hiring them.

whiskey601 said:
In fact, I can see some towns and village hiring them.

Wow, ain't that something - I seem to recall the city-states of Italy doing this in the 14th century.  Plus ca change, plus ce la meme chose, no?

I'll be your huckleberry.  ;D

In fact I think 10 or so posters here (in the biz) would consider it as well...

But only in summer months -- I don't do cold anymore  ;)

Well why not? If certain towns and villages decide they don't want to be yanked into something they don't want to be a part of and yet lack the capability to take a firm stand, they can always buy protection to preserve the nationality they were born into if thats their choice. I can't see the feds moving in until the PQ start shooting- and they will have to start shooting if they think they are going to pull the unwilling under their umbrella. It's time we as a country face that fact.  

P.S.: I guess we can thank Senator Dallaire for this soon to be heated debate.

"Today you will be conducting a combat parachute descent onto DZ Plains of Abraham....."

GO!!! said:
"Today you will be conducting a combat parachute descent onto DZ Plains of Abraham....."

LOL- hope they didn't put a paved parking lot there.

'Trophy' video exposes private security contractors shooting up Iraqi drivers

Published: 28 Nov 2005

The video, which first appeared on a website that has been linked unofficially to Aegis Defence Services, contained four separate clips, in which security guards open fire with automatic rifles at civilian cars. All of the shooting incidents apparently took place on "route Irish", a road that links the airport to Baghdad

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11157.htm

Day late and a dollar short - but thanks for coming out.  ::)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/36923.0.html

lol i swear i did a search, using "aegis" as keyword, and that thread did not come up ;)
oh well

I have to say, after watching that video, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Those vehicles have big signs on them telling the locals to stay away, or they will be fired upon. To me, it's not a difficult concept, especially in the land of suicide bombers, kidnappings and VIEDs.

Consider what would happen if you took a run at local police forces' checkpoint during the holiday season, and sped towards them, when there were signs to the contrary. You would be shot - and rightfully so. The fact that these PMC's lived to tell the tale means that they were doing something right - it just was'nt putting the film on the web.

Back