• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primus said:
Your background/reference and credit check would also still need to be completed and processed before being put on the competition list. For me, once that was completed, It was about a week or so that I was put on it.

That is good to know.

I have everything done except the medical.
So it could potentially be a quick process after my medical is approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Buck

I know there's a selection happening soon for NOs but my RC is currently working on my PLAR which they said should have been done earlier in the process, I'm not sure why it wasn't. However before they started the PLAR, I was told that i was ready for competition. My question is will I still be considered while they are still conducting the PLAR?

Ailsa_95 said:
Hey Buck

I know there's a selection happening soon for NOs but my RC is currently working on my PLAR which they said should have been done earlier in the process, I'm not sure why it wasn't. However before they started the PLAR, I was told that i was ready for competition. My question is will I still be considered while they are still conducting the PLAR?

Nursing Officer Selections are unique this year.  Only 1 or 2 GDNO's are going to be picked early in the year; the rest of the positions are being held for CCNO's, PNO's and MHNO's - if you are one of these 3 specialties please reach out to me in PM so that I can flag your file.  If you're a GDNO then I wouldn't worry too much about waiting for your PLAR.

I suggest that you either reach out to me in PM or email HealthSvcsRecruiting-RecrutementSvcsdesante@forces.gc.ca

Hi Buck, did selections end up happening on April 9th? I was told the next round for W TECH L were happening APRIL 9th and April 25th 2018.
When I asked, it was the 11th. They didn't have access to my file at the time or anything like that. I was just asking randomly with the Forces Jobs page.
So I don't know if I might've been selected on the April 9th date.
They said it could be up to 3 weeks before you're called about it. If I was to call my CFRC next week, would my file show any new info if I was lucky enough to be chosen?
Or would my file update in 3 weeks on their end?

Thank you for your time, Buck

Looks like there was a major selection of DEO AEC very recently. Does anyone know how many positions are left now for this fiscal year?

Thanks.

Any information on recent or tentative MarTech or W Eng Tech selections this month?

Afternoon Buck,

Currently on the competition list for DEO Pilot. I was told by CFRC Montreal that there was supposed to be a selection sometime last week. Any information on DEO pilot intakes for the upcoming (read May) BMOQ courses? Or would the August course be the more realistic loading? Thanks for your continued information sharing, it's been a real boon throughout the process.

seeking wisdom here Buck,

So i feel like im not the only one on here but here it goes Ive been on the competition list for infantry officer for over 4 months, I havent heard of any selections since last summer for this occupation !! All I have heard of from the recruiting office has been there are no BMOQ dates or spots left.  If someone can fill me in (Buck) as there are dates for BMOQ set up till september. As far as im concerned this occupation only gets selected once every summer ? I only state this since i havent heard of anyone in this occupation get selected since last summer. If that is the case there is aug 27th BMOQ and a september one two weeks later.  Do selections happen 2 to 4 to  6 months before or like years in advance or am I just in wonderland here?

Aloha-Synuclein,

Reading previous comments from Buck,
I can para-phrase:

During the time you are waiting on the Competition List, there will be other candidates added to the list, for your trade. It's very possible for your name to be bumped lower on the list and this will affect your selection to be loaded onto BMOQ.

As an example: If there are only 20 Infantry Officer positions open on the course and you are number 60 on the list, you would not likely not be selected for the course and would continue to wait. While waiting on the Competition List, it's very possible for your name to be bumped lower on the list and this will affect your selection to be loaded onto BMOQ.

Kratz
I totally understand its a top to bottom approach in terms of competition list, Im specifically asking about infantry DEO officer selection dates have not occurred since last summer.  Im aware new people are added on weekly if not daily, Im just wondering is there a specific reason why Infantry is always left for the summer... is it because infantry school dates begin in december post BMOQ etc.  My other specific question is on selection itself how many months before a bmoq date is set does one get selected not as to how a competition list is crerated or selected.  Just wondering how far back candidates are selected for a specific BMOQ.

thanks !

Hi Buck,

I noticed that the '2018/2019 Paid Education Intake Numbers' thread has still not been updated in terms of SEELM Physio -- does this mean selection has not yet occurred for that entry stream? I was told to wait until the 18/19 FY to begin to be selected, but have yet to hear anything (ie. no replies to emails or calls).

Hi Buck!

So I’m not sure if this has already been answered, if so I do apologize!

I was put on the competition list for infantry NCO just yesterday. I have a friend who is also on it and her recruiter told her that all BMQ spots were now booked until August.

I spoke with my recruiter and he told me that they do not have access to this information?

And so... I was wondering if you could confirm that I would not be going until at least August?

Thanks so much!

alixrose said:
Hi Buck!

I was put on the competition list for infantry NCO just yesterday. I have a friend who is also on it and her recruiter told her that all BMQ spots were now booked until August.

I spoke with my recruiter and he told me that they do not have access to this information?

And so... I was wondering if you could confirm that I would not be going until at least August?

Thanks so much!

Good day,
I'm confused if you're going in as a DEO or NCM? You said infantry NCO and BMQ? BMQ is for recruits entering as a private and BMOQ as an officer. If you're DEO than you would be looking at the soonest bmoq date being August. If you're selected before then. If you're NCM than there may be more dates available and buck might know more about those dates. I was told for DEO selections to expect the bmoq serials to be August,  September and winter.

alixrose said:
@buck I forgot to tag you in my above post!

This isn't social media, tags don't work here. Rest assured Buck will see the post, but I think you answered your own question. If the recruiting centre is telling you all BMQ spots are filled, then they're filled.

My recruiter has told me that he doesn’t have access to the information. A friend said her recruiter told her that. I don’t understand why one would say he cannot access the information and another can. That is why I would like to confirm.

unicornteacher said:
Good day,
I'm confused if you're going in as a DEO or NCM? You said infantry NCO and BMQ? BMQ is for recruits entering as a private and BMOQ as an officer. If you're DEO than you would be looking at the soonest bmoq date being August. If you're selected before then. If you're NCM than there may be more dates available and buck might know more about those dates. I was told for DEO selections to expect the bmoq serials to be August,  September and winter.

I'm so sorry! I definitely meant NCM!!!! Thank you so much for your answer! :) 

Primus said:
Hi Buck, did selections end up happening on April 9th? I was told the next round for W TECH L were happening APRIL 9th and April 25th 2018.
When I asked, it was the 11th. They didn't have access to my file at the time or anything like that. I was just asking randomly with the Forces Jobs page.
So I don't know if I might've been selected on the April 9th date.
They said it could be up to 3 weeks before you're called about it. If I was to call my CFRC next week, would my file show any new info if I was lucky enough to be chosen?
Or would my file update in 3 weeks on their end?

Thank you for your time, Buck

Sorry I've been out of office at events; I'm not sure if that selection happened and with it being almost a month ago I know that selections have occurred since.  When a selection board occurs there are quite a few steps to the process and a few different cells that have to do work such as loading you on a BMQ/BMOQ, generating the offer panel, doing Quality Control on the file, and then informing the det that someone has an offer that can be tendered.  It can take 8-12 business days from selection date to offer date.

nk88 said:
Looks like there was a major selection of DEO AEC very recently. Does anyone know how many positions are left now for this fiscal year?
Thanks.
It's very early still in the year I wouldn't start worrying about that yet (but I did check and there is close to 70% of positions remaining as of today's date).

Cwes said:
Any information on recent or tentative MarTech or W Eng Tech selections this month?

Ref: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/125930.0

Yes, selections are scheduled for every other week.

Seanadams said:
Hey buck,  wondering if selections happened for Firefighter last month. Thanks

Yes, there are still over 50% of the positions remaining as of today's date though.

EngSoldier said:
Hey Buck,

Do you have any update about DEO intake numbers(2018/2019)?

Ref: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/127069.0.html

PerArdua said:
Afternoon Buck,

Currently on the competition list for DEO Pilot. I was told by CFRC Montreal that there was supposed to be a selection sometime last week. Any information on DEO pilot intakes for the upcoming (read May) BMOQ courses? Or would the August course be the more realistic loading? Thanks for your continued information sharing, it's been a real boon throughout the process.

While there are still a few positions on the May BMOQ I wouldn't count on getting one of those positions; the positions that are there are likely due to individuals not accepting their offers and the numbers remaining are very small.  The August BMOQ's are the courses being loaded right now.

alpha-synuclein said:
Kratz
I totally understand its a top to bottom approach in terms of competition list, Im specifically asking about infantry DEO officer selection dates have not occurred since last summer.  Im aware new people are added on weekly if not daily, Im just wondering is there a specific reason why Infantry is always left for the summer... is it because infantry school dates begin in december post BMOQ etc.  My other specific question is on selection itself how many months before a bmoq date is set does one get selected not as to how a competition list is crerated or selected.  Just wondering how far back candidates are selected for a specific BMOQ.

thanks !
I'm only quoting your last message but I'm responding to both in one.  Selections do no occur years in advance; this is impossible as the CAF works on the same Fiscal Year as the Government of Canada.  Here is the coles notes on selections slowing down last year: The normal intake in recruiting is around 5,400 - CFLRS is set up to train that many recruits in one year - last year the intake of the CAF was increased to roughly 6,034 (I think that was the final number) -so as you can imagine having a school process an additional 600 people caused some administrative hiccups and this is why selections for DEO slowed down; then when Recruiting started working on the new Fiscal Year they didn't have the dates of when the BMOQ's would run.  Now they do and selections for all occupations including DEO are ongoing.  For time frame any DEO offers being generated right now are for the 27-Aug BMOQ; once that course fills up they'll move onto the next course until it fills up and then the next one, etc etc.

AspiringHSO said:
Hi Buck,

I noticed that the '2018/2019 Paid Education Intake Numbers' thread has still not been updated in terms of SEELM Physio -- does this mean selection has not yet occurred for that entry stream? I was told to wait until the 18/19 FY to begin to be selected, but have yet to hear anything (ie. no replies to emails or calls).

Ref: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/127070.0.html

Updated it earlier today.  Depending on which SEELM Occupation you're trying to join is depending how comparative it will be; if you're applying for Physio or Social Worker feel free to reach out to me - if it's Chaplain you'll have to reach out to your CFRC for more information.

alixrose said:
Hi Buck!

Thanks so much!

Not all people in recruiting have access to the same information in CFRIMS (Canadian Forces Recruiting Information Management System) so it is very possible that your recruiter cannot see the information.  With that said, although there are some serials that have anywhere from 1-6 spots unfilled it appears that 6-Aug is the BMQ serial that is being loaded with offers at the moment.

As an aside for new people on the thread, by him using "NCO" anyone with military experience knows that he meant "NCM" - an NCO is an NCM, just at a rank higher than Private/Ordinary Seaman (I don't have the regs handy but from memory a Corporal/Leading Seaman & Sergeant/Petty Officer 2nd Class are called NCO's - this also extends to MCpl/MS as that is not a rank it is an appointment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back