• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My file was just put on the competition list as of yesterday morning for ARMD Officer. What are my chances of being called for one of the 2017/18 remaining positions? Last I checked there were 4 left and more opening for 2018/19.

Hello Buck,
Just wondering when the next selection date is approximately for AEC DEO. I understand it could be monthly. Also is it possible to find out how many individuals are on the merit list?

Thanks

Hi Buck,

Concerning your statement that "for fiscal year 17/18 positions, you must be enrolled by 31-March; although you might not start training until later in the year. This year 31-March is a Saturday and 30-March is Good Friday (a stat); so the last day to enrol for FY 17/18 is 29-March". Personally, I have not received an offer yet and assuming that there is a selection for DEO Construction Engineering today (March 28) or tomorrow (March 29), that these positions will fill the available spots for the FY 18/19 and not FY 17/18 since there is no way for me to enroll or "swear in" before March 29 due to the time it takes to transfer the information from the selection boards to my local CFRC. Essentially, I am nit-picking at the definitions of "enroll" and "selected". Are these two terms used interchangeably? I am asking because in my mind and under my assumption with the example I have provided, I am using the terms "enroll" and "swearing-in" during the swearing-in ceremony interchangeably. Please confirm and clarify.

Thanks,
wnhan

Hi Buck.

I was wondering how many DEO positions remain for EME for 17/18 and when can I expect the positions to disappear. Currently have that as my only listed trade and plan to add more once the positions run out for 17/18.

Also my medical was done 14 months ago and I was wondering if it affected my position on the competition list. I'm under the impression it needs to be done annually. I haven't recieved any replies from my CFRC or emails requesting updates.

Thanks,

wnhan said:
Hi Buck,

Concerning your statement that "for fiscal year 17/18 positions, you must be enrolled by 31-March; although you might not start training until later in the year. This year 31-March is a Saturday and 30-March is Good Friday (a stat); so the last day to enrol for FY 17/18 is 29-March". Personally, I have not received an offer yet and assuming that there is a selection for DEO Construction Engineering today (March 28) or tomorrow (March 29), that these positions will fill the available spots for the FY 18/19 and not FY 17/18 since there is no way for me to enroll or "swear in" before March 29 due to the time it takes to transfer the information from the selection boards to my local CFRC. Essentially, I am nit-picking at the definitions of "enroll" and "selected". Are these two terms used interchangeably? I am asking because in my mind and under my assumption with the example I have provided, I am using the terms "enroll" and "swearing-in" during the swearing-in ceremony interchangeably. Please confirm and clarify.

Thanks,
wnhan

I have similar questions, 1) If an individual selected on 28th (today) he or she will know by 29th?
2) "The left over positions" is very common in Canada force hiring or usually they always fulfill it by March 31st.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Harsheth5

Hey Buck,

I was wondering if you knew approximately when the next selection date for Med Tech will be? Thank you!!

Hi All,
I got a call from my recruiter to schedule my interview and medical on May 2nd and got the email confirmation. But my medical and interview expires on May 19th.
My question is how come they call me up front to book my medical and interview in advance before expiry, I mean is it good news or bad news?
Also he told from April in one year they have huge task of hiring almost 5000 people.
So let's see, but please share some advice about interview and medical rescheduling.
Thanks.

S4Seals said:
Hello Buck,

I am wondering how many spots are there per BMOQ session? And also how many spots are left for AEC DEO for the rest of the fiscal year?

Thanks

There are a maximum of 60 spots per BMOQ.
Although there are a handful of enrollments happening this week for FY 17/18; officially selections are now occurring for FY 18/19 only.

Trueprince2 said:
Hello buck,
I am wondering what is the next BMQ that isn't full as of today's day?

There are a few (less than 6 positions) remaining on most BMQ's in April and May; however the next BMQ that appears to being loaded right now is 28-May, then 25-Jun.

unicornteacher said:
My file was just put on the competition list as of yesterday morning for ARMD Officer. What are my chances of being called for one of the 2017/18 remaining positions? Last I checked there were 4 left and more opening for 2018/19.

FY17/18 is now closed - although there are a handful of enrollments happening this week for FY 17/18; officially selections are now occurring for FY 18/19 only.

Psyentific said:
Does anybody know when the Sonar Operator selection dates are?

Please see the following post for Selection Date Information: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html

nem7 said:
Hello Buck,
Just wondering when the next selection date is approximately for AEC DEO. I understand it could be monthly. Also is it possible to find out how many individuals are on the merit list?

Thanks

Please see the following post for Selection Date Information: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html
Re: Merit List - no it is not possible to give you that information as it is constantly changing, there could be 100 people at 10am, 80people at noon and 120 people at 2pm for a variety of reasons; as such this information is not released.

wnhan said:
Hi Buck,

Thanks,
wnhan
Selected and Enrolled are not interchangable.  Technically anyone selected for FY 17/18 was supposed to be enrolled no later than 31-March-2018; however because of the stat long weekend some leeway has been given for enrollments so there are a handful of enrollments happening this week for FY 17/18; officially selections are now occurring for FY 18/19 only.

mechabot said:
Hi Buck.

I was wondering how many DEO positions remain for EME for 17/18 and when can I expect the positions to disappear. Currently have that as my only listed trade and plan to add more once the positions run out for 17/18.

Also my medical was done 14 months ago and I was wondering if it affected my position on the competition list. I'm under the impression it needs to be done annually. I haven't recieved any replies from my CFRC or emails requesting updates.

Thanks,

FY17/18 is now closed - although there are a handful of enrollments happening this week for FY 17/18; officially selections are now occurring for FY 18/19 only.

Yes the medical expires on a yearly basis; continue trying to contact your CFRC.  If you do not hear back from them please look at my profile; there is an email for Customer Service in there, email them and they can contact the CFRC on your behalf as well.

Harsheth5 said:
I have similar questions, 1) If an individual selected on 28th (today) he or she will know by 29th?
2) "The left over positions" is very common in Canada force hiring or usually they always fulfill it by March 31st.
Please let us know.
Thanks
Harsheth5

#1 was answered above
#2 normally there are not "left over" positions; this year was unique because the intake was raised part way through the year.  The problem with raising the intake is that recruiting needs basic training serials to load people on and the recruit school was beyond it's capacity at the time.

Hali_13579 said:
Hey Buck,

I was wondering if you knew approximately when the next selection date for Med Tech will be? Thank you!!

Harsheth5 said:
Hi All,
I got a call from my recruiter to schedule my interview and medical on May 2nd and got the email confirmation. But my medical and interview expires on May 19th.
My question is how come they call me up front to book my medical and interview in advance before expiry, I mean is it good news or bad news?
Also he told from April in one year they have huge task of hiring almost 5000 people.
So let's see, but please share some advice about interview and medical rescheduling.
Thanks.

Keep in mind that your medical may have to goto the RMO in Ottawa for review; so if they wait until you've expired to set an appointment you could face further delays.  I wouldn't take it as good news or bad news that you're being scheduled ahead of the expire.  The detachment identified that you were going to expire and the appointment they had available for you was 2 weeks prior to the expiration.

Hi Buck, as always thank you again for your insights. Do you happen to know the next projected selection dates (which I assume would be the first round of selections for the 18/19 FY) for Infantry, Armour and Artillery DEO?

I know you mentioned you won't be positing specific dates, but you were able to provide the DEO selection dates for last year (19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017) ahead of time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I realised that one of my questions earlier was already answered in the last post.

LegioXEquestris said:
Hi Buck, as always thank you again for your insights. Do you happen to know the next projected selection dates (which I assume would be the first round of selections for the 18/19 FY) for Infantry, Armour and Artillery DEO?

I know you mentioned you won't be positing specific dates, but you were able to provide the DEO selection dates for last year (19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017) ahead of time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I realised that one of my questions earlier was already answered in the last post.

Please see the following thread: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/125930.0

More specifically this part of the thread:
Buck_HRA said:
Specific Dates
Please note that I will not post specific dates of projected selections.  The actual dates can change for a variety of reasons; and while there is information available to recruiters as to what the projected dates are, it does not manage the expectations of applicants to inform them that a selection will occur on a specific date only for it to be delayed.

While I used to post specific dates, as per above the projected dates can change for a variety of reasons and because of this I no longer post specific dates as people become dependent on that information and I don't want to mislead anyone.  Thank you for your understanding on why I no longer post specific projected dates.

Hi Buck,

I put in an online application for pilot ROTP today, in the link you provided above it says the deadline is Jan 31st. However, I've seen other posts saying there are multiple selections and no real hard deadline? Is there any truth to this, and is there a realistic chance that I'll be selected for the 2018-19 school year, considering I'm already in a civi uni?

Thanks!

SFHL said:
Hi Buck,

I put in an online application for pilot ROTP today, in the link you provided above it says the deadline is Jan 31st. However, I've seen other posts saying there are multiple selections and no real hard deadline? Is there any truth to this, and is there a realistic chance that I'll be selected for the 2018-19 school year, considering I'm already in a civi uni?

Thanks!

In the past there was a hard deadline for ROTP of 31-January each year.  I have been informed that the deadline is flexible this year; however please keep in mind that the first round of offers went out by end February.  Whether there is a chance to be picked up this FY for Pilot ROTP; if the application is accepted you are cutting it very close as you would need to do all the processing for enrollment very quickly.  With applying today chances are you will receive an email in the next 48 hours with instructions on the next steps to your file.  I would urge you not to delay at any point in the process if you're hoping to be picked up by September.

Hi Buck,

If "selected and enrolled are not interchangeable", could you please clarify/define each of those terms? 

Thanks,
wnhan

wnhan said:
Hi Buck,

If "selected and enrolled are not interchangeable", could you please clarify/define each of those terms? 

Thanks,
wnhan
Selected means that you've been selected to be given an Offer of Employment (i.e. when the CFRC informs you that you've been selected for employment); at this stage you can accept or refuse the offer.  If you refuse the offer you will not be enrolled.
    In your signature block you use "position offered", the selection date will be a few days prior to the "position offered" date as this is when you're "selected"

Enrolled is the day that you go into the CFRC and sign all your paperwork and swear an oath / make solemn affirmation to the Queen and now become a part of the CAF.
    In your signature block you use the term "ceremony" - this is your Enrollment date.

Hey buck,
From the date your medical is approved and you are declared fit for duty so u know roughly how long from that date you should expect to be on the competition list

Trueprince2 said:
Hey buck,
From the date your medical is approved and you are declared fit for duty so u know roughly how long from that date you should expect to be on the competition list
Your background/reference and credit check would also still need to be completed and processed before being put on the competition list. For me, once that was completed, It was about a week or so that I was put on it.

Primus said:
Your background/reference and credit check would also still need to be completed and processed before being put on the competition list. For me, once that was completed, It was about a week or so that I was put on it.
Also do they always call your references or is it a by case

Trueprince2 said:
Also do they always call your references or is it a by case

The service doing my checks called 2 of them I believe. They let me know which ones they called. The only reason they called me though was because the phone number needed updating for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back