• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spimx said:
You see the logic, I know the feeling of waiting and want to start serving, but is good to keep an open mind and be real about the process

I do see the logic, I have been told since may 18th that my background check was sent off to garda. I have been emailing and emailing my MCC since then and keep getting the its been sent, were waiting etc etc. I got a call this week on the 17th stating the my security form expired as it was only good for a year and I signed it in Sept 2013, so I knew for the last 6 months they have not even bothered with the background check. However I was told I should be just in time for Nov selection dates, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just gives us more time to train and prepare for basic.

Spimx said:
I think is fair to say, if you are not merit listed by now, you won't be selected at least not until next year.
It is possible he could get picked up for the late Nov selections. I only had my medical at the end of September and was initially told I wouldn't get selected until November if all went well and there were no hiccups. I was told at best I would be merit listed after 3 weeks. Well just 3 weeks later I got my call and I'm starting Oct 27th. But like you said, everyone is different. You just never really know these days with the CF. Anything is possible :)

So I am new on here, but I originally applied in 2009 and have been waiting a really long time due to a medical issue. I was finally medically fit in September and had my interview on 'October 1st. I have confirmed that they have spoken to at least 3 of my references...in others' experiences, is this a good sign for me for upcoming selection dates?

colorful1 said:
So I am new on here, but I originally applied in 2009 and have been waiting a really long time due to a medical issue. I was finally medically fit in September and had my interview on 'October 1st. I have confirmed that they have spoken to at least 3 of my references...in others' experiences, is this a good sign for me for upcoming selection dates?

Usually yes, call tomorrow to ask if you have been merit listed. If you have been then your name will be considered for the next round of selections, if the trades you have selected are hiring.

Btw which trades have you applied for, would probably help get you a better answer.

Well I am going to try and stay confident. My medical is the only thing now from getting me on the merit list considering I have been through the security checks and all that.

KerryBlue said:
Usually yes, call tomorrow to ask if you have been merit listed. If you have been then your name will be considered for the next round of selections, if the trades you have selected are hiring.

Btw which trades have you applied for, would probably help get you a better answer.

Oh ya eh..ATIS Tech, Avionics systems tech and aviation systems tech...in that order. Interviewed for all 3.

I got merit listed on the 25th of august and selection was on the 26th and I got selected

Just putting it out there that someone got offered a position today for AVS Tech BMQ starting Janurary 5th

very quiet here... huh....
I guess they are on the validation stage of the selection(DEO selection), and waiting to be approved.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think enough dates have been said on DEO stuff that not much more needs saying : s

Treemoss said:
I think enough dates have been said on DEO stuff that not much more needs saying : s
nah... they been talking about NCM selection all around the year````

Heck, I would just settle for knowing weather or nor I have been merit listed at all (doubt it though... darn security check is likely going to prevent that for a few months yet, but there is no way for me to know).

Vell said:
Heck, I would just settle for knowing weather or nor I have been merit listed at all (doubt it though... darn security check is likely going to prevent that for a few months yet, but there is no way for me to know).

The background/credit check they did on me came back practically two days later. When was the last time you were in contact with them? Wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if there has been any movement on it, maybe you're merit listed and don't even know. From what I've noticed, they don't always straight up tell you unless they have a job offer ready.

Flatliner said:
The background/credit check they did on me came back practically two days later. When was the last time you were in contact with them? Wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if there has been any movement on it, maybe you're merit listed and don't even know. From what I've noticed, they don't always straight up tell you unless they have a job offer ready.

It will take a much longer time for me since I am an out of Canada applicant. It also means I do not have the option to go in person.

Treemoss said:

If only it were so simple. My emails are rarely returned and my calls (to the extension I was informed to call) have never been answered or returned even once in the over one year I have been in processing. I sent an email early this month though, so if they do not answer as usual by next month, I can call aggressively until I get a hold of someone (I don't like bothering them like that, but if it is the only way to get in contact with someone, the only other choice I know seems to be to not contact them at all). The Toronto office is just swamped with work it seems.

If the extention doesn't work call the main line and try to ask for an update if you can. If not, try North Bay maybe? RC T.O. is a busy place...applying out of there, from what i read on this site, is a struggle especially with calls and getting updates.

Treemoss said:
If the extention doesn't work call the main line and try to ask for an update if you can. If not, try North Bay maybe? RC T.O. is a busy place...applying out of there, from what i read on this site, is a struggle especially with calls and getting updates.
There is RC Toronto, and RC elsewhere, you won't understand```

To anyone who might know this.

The three trades i applied to are AVN, AWS and ACS tech. I've been told that the next selection dates for all three are as follows;

AVN: 3 Nov, 1 Jan
AWS:1 Jan
ACS: 3 Nov, 1 Jan

Now i don't know about you guys, but i don't know many government employees who work on New Year's day. Which makes me wonder if the info i have is correct, because it definitely doesn't make sense to me. I've also heard 24 Nov thrown out the for the AVN and AWS tech trades, can anyone confirm?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back