• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
clmarr said:
Hi,

What are the next selection dates for AVS and AVN?

Thanks

Please see the following link for Selection Information: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0

Hello Buck :

I need your advice/information on two questions.

1. ROTP selection for AEC on June 26  : Do you know how many people (ROTP) will be selected at the ROTP selection for AEC on June 26 ?  I am on the competition list for ROTP- RMC and AEC.

2. Will all ROTP have to go to the BMOQ - Module 1 starting on July 9th if they start the RMCC on August 25 ? or will some ROTP start the RMCC on August 25 without the BMOQ-Module 1 ?  I applied for the ROTP - RMC / AEC and am still waiting on an offer/admission. You said it takes about 10 days to be informed to the applicants (from the selection to Recruiting Centre to Applicant ).  I am worried if I have enough time to join the ROTP - RMC ( ROTP selection for AEC on June 26 -- 10 business days (??) -- July 9 BMOQ ...)

3. If I am not selected at the ROTP selection for AEC on June 26, will my application for ROTP-RMC be closed ? ... because it looks I won't be able to join the RMC on Aug 25 this year. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,
I am new to this site. My interview will be next week. If anyone has any tips for me please! Also here is my info...

CFRC: Toronto
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO), Regular Force
Trade: 1. Navy (MOST Office) 2. Airforce (Communication Electronics Engineering Officer) 3. Army (Infantry Office)
Application Date:
First Contact: March 6th, 2018
CFAT: April 19th, 2018
Background Check: Done in May 2018
MOST Test: June 8th, 2018
Medical: July 12th, 2018
Interview: July 11th, 2018
Offer of Employment: TBD
Enrollment Ceremony: TBD

But I would like to change the Trade selection choice to -
1. Air Force (Communication Electronics Engineering Officer,
2. Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer
3. Signals Officer

Should I go to talk to the Recruiter before my interview and request him to change my selection order?

Is there anyway to know if these trade has any availability or the position is filled up till now for the next batch? 

Hi Mahbub9803,

A) Concerning your interview, see below for my personal tips:

1) Understand your trade choices and their main responsibilities
2) Dress in business attire. A suit would be ideal as you are applying as an Officer.
3) Be prepared to discuss your previous leadership experience, if any.
4) Be prepared to discuss your education and how it may be relevant to your specific trades
5) From my personal experience and from what I have researched on the internet concerning other applicants' experiences, it is quite relaxed.
6) Be yourself as they want to know who you are as a person.

B) Concerning your trade selections and trade preferences:

1) The order of your trades does not matter. It is irrelevant.
2) All of those trades are treated equally in that the CAF assumes you are prepared to accept any of those trades.
3) With the above two points noted, get rid of any trades you are unwilling to accept and only list those that you actually want to do. I personally only applied for one job as I was unwilling to do any others.

C) Trade availability changes over time as applicants are selected. Generally speaking, an individual by the name of BUCK_HRA on this forum can also potentially assist you in getting the number of spots remaining for your trades. Please be courteous to him. He does a lot of good work on this forum.

Someone else with more knowledge can correct me if I am wrong; however, I think that the points I stated above were quite accurate. Best of luck in your interview and your application!

Regards,
Volidyr

kingstondreamer said:
Hello Buck :

I need your advice/information on two questions.

1. ROTP selection for AEC on June 26  : Do you know how many people (ROTP) will be selected at the ROTP selection for AEC on June 26 ?  I am on the competition list for ROTP- RMC and AEC.

2. Will all ROTP have to go to the BMOQ - Module 1 starting on July 9th if they start the RMCC on August 25 ? or will some ROTP start the RMCC on August 25 without the BMOQ-Module 1 ?  I applied for the ROTP - RMC / AEC and am still waiting on an offer/admission. You said it takes about 10 days to be informed to the applicants (from the selection to Recruiting Centre to Applicant ).  I am worried if I have enough time to join the ROTP - RMC ( ROTP selection for AEC on June 26 -- 10 business days (??) -- July 9 BMOQ ...)

3. If I am not selected at the ROTP selection for AEC on June 26, will my application for ROTP-RMC be closed ? ... because it looks I won't be able to join the RMC on Aug 25 this year. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

1) There is never a specific number of people to be selected during the Competition List selections.  I can state that as of today's date there appears to be positions still remaining for AEC.  There was an ROTP board this morning so those positions "might" be gone; or they could be selected on the next planned selection in mid-July.

2) RMC does do an orientation in august for anyone selected for RMC that didn't do BMOQ Mod 1 during their first summer.  All this would mean is that those people not selected in time for BMOQ Mod 1 is that they do the orientation session (approx 2 weeks end August) and do BMOQ between Year 1 & 2.

3) See above, there is a chance of still being selected right up to there being 0 SIP remaining .

====================
In regards to the two posts prior to this .
Volidyr gave good advise and is correct in stating there is no difference between your 3 selections for occupations.
Sooner than think you have a #1, #2, #3 choice, think of it as Choice A, B & C.  The CAF could have a larger requirement to hire you for choice C and you may never be considered for Choice A - so make sure you only apply for occupations that you want to do.
If you only want to do 1 occupation then only put 1 occupation as your choice

Thank you so much Volidyr for your kind reply. It is very good tips that you provided and I really appreciated. I also really appreciated BUCK_HRA reply! If both of you can assist me with this please!

I graduated with Bachelor of Computer Science and as my profession I am Network Engineer. So that is why I applied for 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer' and 'Signal' as they are related with my education. BUT 'Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Office' is not related with my education but I would like to join as I have my interest with the Electrical and Mechanical equipment. So I might get into first two trade but do you thin still they might select me with this trade 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer'! When there is a selection do they check background education and experience or I will get train for that?

I would like to be a Pilot but I know there are too much competition and long wait time so that is why I did not choose that one. Am I thinking right!

Thank you so much again!

Hello,

I got an email from CFRC saying all vacancies were filled for this year's ROTP intake. I've opted to leave my application open for the early selection board in December for pilot. At this point, I've completed my CFAT and I'm currently awaiting ACS, medical and interview. Do you know when in December the early selection begins, and would I be completing the ACS/medical/interview prior to it?

Thank you!

Hi Mahbub9803,

Firstly, it is my pleasure to assist you. I was once in your position as a new applicant without much knowledge about the CAF and the application process. Many members on this forum helped me out with my questions, so it is only fair that I return the same favour to others whenever I can. Regarding some of your most recent concerns, unfortunately, I cannot comment on some of those issues as I am not knowledgeable enough to provide accurate responses. Hopefully, other contributing members of this forum can help out.

Now, concerning  the education and the working experience relevant to your chosen trades, those issues will be tackled during your interview and you should be prepared to discuss them in detail. With respect to your comments about being a potential pilot, no one can tell you if you are thinking "right". I certainly understand your perspective as to why you are not applying for the pilot trade based upon the two factors which you stated, but this does not imply that you are thinking "right". It may be "right" for you, but for others, those two factors which you stated are irrelevant and you would be "wrong" to think like that from their viewpoint. Ultimately, only you can decide for yourself what is "right" or "wrong" when choosing a trade.

Additionally, as a general comment and observation of your writing skills, as a potential officer, I think you may have a hard time earning respect if you are going to write so poorly. I am going to assume that English is not your native/first language out of respect and courtesy. But, if English is actually your native/first language and you are actually trying to articulate yourself properly with correct sentence structure and grammar, I would strongly suggest that you start improving your writing skills immediately.

Finally, please do not take my comments as a form of disrespect. I am not a little kid trying to pick a fight with some random stranger on the internet about spelling/grammar. It is only in your best interest that I point this out simply to help you. My apologies in advance if your feelings are a little hurt; however, for what it is worth, if I were to write in my second language (French), it would be 100% worse than your English writing skills which you have displayed publicly on this forum. As always, if I have provided misleading or wrong information, please correct me as I still have a lot to learn.

Kindest regards,
Volidyr

Mahbub9803 said:
I would like to be a Pilot

If you want to be a Pilot (and there is a huge difference between "want to be" and "would like to be"), then apply to be a Pilot.

It is not so much competitive - there are always (have been for decades and will likely be forever) vacancies - but the standards are high. It is a long haul, partially due to lengthy delays between courses, and a lot of work, but it is all worth it in the end.

There are Pilot threads here that you should read through, if you've not already done so.

Regardless, pick something that you will like and is the best fit for you.

And, yes, brush up on your written language skills. They will become more and more important as you progress. Clear communication is essential when valuable equipment, lives, missions, and embarrassment are at stake.

Mahbub9803 said:
Thank you so much Volidyr for your kind reply. It is very good tips that you provided and I really appreciated. I also really appreciated BUCK_HRA reply! If both of you can assist me with this please!

I graduated with Bachelor of Computer Science and as my profession I am Network Engineer. So that is why I applied for 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer' and 'Signal' as they are related with my education. BUT 'Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Office' is not related with my education but I would like to join as I have my interest with the Electrical and Mechanical equipment. So I might get into first two trade but do you thin still they might select me with this trade 'Communication Electronics Engineering Officer'! When there is a selection do they check background education and experience or I will get train for that?

I would like to be a Pilot but I know there are too much competition and long wait time so that is why I did not choose that one. Am I thinking right!

Thank you so much again!

The ideal degrees for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer is a Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following: (1) Electrical; (2) Engineering and Management; (3) Industrial; (4) Mechanical; and (5) Systems.

A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is "acceptable" for Electrical and Mechanical Engeering; however keep in mind that it is just that "acceptable"; there were only 8 EME Officer positions this year so the chances of being selected for an occupation while meeting the "acceptable" requirements isn't that high.

SFHL said:
Hello,

I got an email from CFRC saying all vacancies were filled for this year's ROTP intake. I've opted to leave my application open for the early selection board in December for pilot. At this point, I've completed my CFAT and I'm currently awaiting ACS, medical and interview. Do you know when in December the early selection begins, and would I be completing the ACS/medical/interview prior to it?

Thank you!
The early selection last year occured just before Christmas between the 15th and 18th sometime.  Your medical is only good for 1 year, so you will likely need to redo it, and you may have to do another interview but it would be an abbreviated interview (basically an update).

Loachman said:
And, yes, brush up on your written language skills. They will become more and more important as you progress. Clear communication is essential when valuable equipment, lives, missions, and embarrassment are at stake.

Can we please chill out a little bit on language thing? It is maybe not his situation, but we are a couple of french here on the english forum and we try our best. I have been called and written by english CF member with disastrous french, but at least they were trying their best.

Regards,

I second the opinion above. It is one thing for someone to show a complete lack of professionalism, and another to show a lack of perfect written english fluency. As long as a message was communicated clearly and politely, which it was, I don't see why we should  be acting hostily to relatively minor language issues that are evidently not due to gross carelessness. I feel this should be especially true on a forum comprised largely of recruits, not enlisted members.

Thank you so much all of you guys to giving me good advice and also support me! Again I really appreciated for all kind of feedback. For sure English is not my first language and when I write I didnt think about the grammatical mistake as I am always in hurry with my office work and others. I do apologize for my mistake.

Anyway, I had my interview today and I think it went really well. The Office was very nice and polite. He was down to the earth kind of person! Honestly I did not expect that at all. I thought it would be little different as it is Military interview! As it was mentioned before it was very easy like regular job interview and normal question about my education, my work experience and my interest. Officer did not ask me any unwanted question at all. Officer mentioned I have very good chance to get into the 'Communication and Electrical Engineering' as my score was comparatively better than others. But he could not confirm that for sure. I was very happy how re spoke with me and tried to answer all of my questions.

At the end of the interview he mentioned I might be in the BMOQ in Jan 2019 as the September session is too close but there might be a chance too!

Tomorrow I will have my medical and I will let you guys know how it will go. Please wish me luck!  :D

Thank you all!

Hi Mahbub9803,

I just read your post and that is wonderful to hear! I am really happy that you think that the interview went well. Generally, that is an excellent sign from my own personal experiences. Best of luck in your medical examination tomorrow!

Kindest regards,
Volidyr

Hi Buck,

So you have any info on DEO Pilot applications you could share? Spots remaining, number already accelted, selection dates etc.? Thanks a tonne! Still waiting....

Kind regards,

Buck_HRA answered this question yesterday, reply # 1684

As of today's date there are still approx 70% of PLT DEO positions remaining.

Buck_HRA posted a Recruiting FAQs thread to answer selection dates and ect...

FA22raptero said:
Hi Buck,

So you have any info on DEO Pilot applications you could share? Spots remaining, number already accelted, selection dates etc.? Thanks a tonne! Still waiting....

Kind regards,

Thanks Kratz,

Sometimes Buck seems to have some extra information to share, but 70% is usefull to know. Thanks!

I wish I fould figure out what is so unnatractive about my application to the selection commitee.

Your local CFRC can suggest how to make your application stronger, more competitive. Each day / week, as new applications are processed nationally, your application's position changes.

Roughly 8% of all applications were enrolled in the CAF last year. That estimate is for all ranks, all trades.
It's not that an application is unattractive. Simply, other applications make it to the front of the list first, because they are stronger.

Example: 
37 pilot positions available and recruiting is filling 11 spots for the scheduled BMOQ courses. There can easily be hundreds of applicants waiting on the competition list for Pilot. Only the top 11 will receive the initial enrollment offer. The system might have to send offers to more than that, as some people change their minds ect… If you are sitting at # 20, you have a good chance of being accepted, if you are # 348, your wait will be longer. If 12 new applications are added to the competition list and are stronger than you, your position drops in number by 12.

Thanks again Kratz,

I did ask my CFRC in what ways I could make my application stronger,  and was reassured by an officer who is also a pilot that the competivieness of my file was not the issue, and that there wasnt anything I can do. He cited shortages in BMOQ spots as the most contributing factor. 

I do understand that selection comittee simply takes the most competitive applicants and as the list changes so does the competitiveness, but I've also heard both from the CFRC and from this website that in broad terms (and not without exceptions) that once you are on the competition list it is just a "matter of time", which is a frustrating thing to hear when its been so long.

Anyways, thanks for the reasurances. I figure I just keep putting feelers out and seeing if theres ever new informations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back