• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there is a selection happening today for AEC and MARS officer trades. Not sure how many other trades are doing selection today. I was also told that there will be a second selection for both trades at the end of next month as well.

Heres hoping I finally get a job offer.

Hello,

Did the selection for NCSE take place on May 31st, or did they postpone it again.

Thank you

Please note that the selections that were due to occur yesterday and today have been postponed to next week.

Buck_HRA said:
Please note that the selections that were due to occur yesterday and today have been postponed to next week.

OF COURSE. Leave it to the military to be on time.

Hurry up and wait.  :facepalm:

Remember the dates posted are "estimated" and "projected" - I've been making sure to put that disclaimer into my messages.
It's not so much that the selection was postponed as much as the projected date was moved and because I was away from the office I wasn't aware of the change in dates until today.

Got the call today said I am getting booked in for my interview/medical within the next two weeks or so.
;D :cdn:

canuck2017 said:
Are you aware of any upcoming selection dates for Inf ROTP (RMC)?

There are no more "official" selection dates for ROTP. 
The available spots for ROTP are starting to dwindle down and as such offers will be made on a case by case basis for each occupation until the remaining positions are 0.

Cheers

thanks Buck. Although not what I want to hear, I will move onto Civ U.
I was told there was a selection this past Monday May 29. Would all successful applicants have been notified by now?

Just wondering if anyone has received a call yet, in regards to the selections that occured for NCM trades on May 17th?

canuck2017 said:
thanks Buck. Although not what I want to hear, I will move onto Civ U.
I was told there was a selection this past Monday May 29. Would all successful applicants have been notified by now?

For anyone that was picked on 29 May (I'm not aware of that selection but one could have occurred); it will take 5-7 business days to inform anyone that was selected.  Also I wanted to mention there are still a few spots open for ROTP Inf O - it's just that there are no "official" selection dates at this point in time.  People do reject offers, so even with the offers made there could be more openings in the future.  Selections & Offers will continue until the remaining available positions reaches 0.

I appreciate your clarification Buck. I know of one person who was informed mid-June last year that he was in, and another one that was just before leaving for St-Jean. Does that normally happen?
Still hopeful.

Hey Buck_HRA or anyone else who may have any information, I was wondering if you knew of any information about AERE officer selection dates? Also any information you may have about time it may take to arrive at Toronto CFRC or if the dates have already passed, number of available spots left?

I appreciate any info on the subject as i have been on the merit list for AERE and am hoping to get selected soon.

Good Morning,

Selections happen once a month (for DEO), normally towards the end of the month.  Sometimes the projected selection can get pushed back for a variety of reasons, such as the projected selection for end-May. 

Normally it takes on average 3-5 days for the CFRC to be informed from CFRG HQ about who was selected, from there the CFRC is responsible to contact applicants and they prioritize based on who is going away on BMQ/BMOQ first (i.e. at the moment, someone selected for an August 2017 BMQ will be informed before someone going on a January BMOQ 2018) - I always suggest that people wait at least 7 business days after a selection before they contact their CFRC for information.

At the moment the CAF is trying to enroll 23 AERE DEO for 2017/2018 (this number is subject to change and is accurate for today's date only); more than 50% of the positions remain open as of today's date.

Cheers

Good Morning and thanks for the helpful information.

So if 50% of the spots are filled, has there already been a few selections for AERE this year so far?

shane306 said:
Good Morning and thanks for the helpful information.

So if 50% of the spots are filled, has there already been a few selections for AERE this year so far?
I did not state that 50% are filled, I stated that more than 50% remain open.  As a general rule I give percentages at 25/50/75... so at the moment there are between 50%-74% of the original 23 positions that remain open for selection.  And yes there has already been selections for the 2017/2018 for all DEO occupations, including AERE.  Selections for 2017/2018 started back in March (earlier for some entry plans like ROTP).

FinnO25 said:
How long do selections for NCM such as infantry stay open for?
Selections remain open for as long as there are open positions. 
Once all positions for an occupation have been filled than there are no more selections for that occupation until the following year.

Thats great, I appreciate the help. Now you said you suggest that people wait at least 7 business days before contacting the recruiting center after a selection date. Do you know the date of the end of may selection cause i didnt know what day it was just that it happened at the end of may? I plan to stop by the CFRC later this week.
Also, is there any information regarding number of people on the competition list? Because decisions for the future would be different if i was 5th on the list vs 200th. That info is more of a hope, than actually expecting to be able to release that information but i thought I'd ask anyway.

shane306 said:
Thats great, I appreciate the help. Now you said you suggest that people wait at least 7 business days before contacting the recruiting center after a selection date. Do you know the date of the end of may selection cause i didnt know what day it was just that it happened at the end of may? I plan to stop by the CFRC later this week.

I covered this question earlier in the thread:
Buck_HRA said:

shane306 said:
Also, is there any information regarding number of people on the competition list? Because decisions for the future would be different if i was 5th on the list vs 200th. That info is more of a hope, than actually expecting to be able to release that information but i thought I'd ask anyway.

The CFRC's can only see the people on the competition list that belong to their CFRC (or in the case of Halifax, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver - all the CFRC's that are under their Area).  The only unit that can see everyone on the list is Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters (CFRG HQ, or as I commonly state in my threads "HQ").  HQ will not release where you are on the list because it is constantly changing.  You might be #2 at 10am, but 50 people could be processed through the day and you could drop to #42 because 40 of those 50 files are stronger than yours.  Then next day you could move from #42 to #22 because 20 people have decided to withdraw their applications.  There are many factors in where a person is sitting on the competition list and because of this the information is not released simply because it is too fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back