• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Board?

sparkss18

Inactive
Reaction score
Can any one provide details as to when the next Selection Board will be?
I have been merit listed as of March 30th for DEO Pilot. I know the last selection was on the 18th of March and had many DEO Pilots selected, but I would appreciate information about when the NEXT selection will be?

April 21st is I believe when the next round of selections is to be done.

I would call my CFRC to check that, I am pretty sure DAA said couple weeks ago april 21 was NCM selection I may be mistaken though.

My current CFRC doesn't seem to have any answers for me about Selections at all. But thanks for the heads up.

KerryBlue said:
April 21st is I believe when the next round of selections is to be done.

At ACS they said they are running them every 6 months. The one that I was selected on was in February 2014.. so if nothing was changed itll be another couple of months before the next pilot selection board sits.

Although, she did tell us that she is pushing for more frequent ones. Not sure if that has gone through.

If anyone coming out of Air Crew Selection in April 2014 has a more definitive answer regarding DEO Pilot Selection, please let me know. Thanks

sparkss18 said:
If anyone coming out of Air Crew Selection in April 2014 has a more definitive answer regarding DEO Pilot Selection, please let me know. Thanks

I went to ASC in March and I'm waiting for an offer too. My CFRC doesn't know when is the next selection board. According to DAA, next pilot selection will take place in July. However, some required selections could very well take place if there are openings available that need to be filled.

Good luck!

Still waiting on DEO Pilot selection dates? Anyone have any confirmed answers as to when this Selection will be?

sparkss18 said:
Still waiting on DEO Pilot selection dates? Anyone have any confirmed answers as to when this Selection will be?

I tried to obtain the information but looks like RC doesn't share this information any more... Maybe DAA will be able to provide an answer.

Also, does anyone have problem to receive the air factor? I went to ASC in late March and I don't have my air factor yet. Two months of waiting... I'm anxious to receive the results.

sparkss18 said:

23 Jul and then 17 Nov.  Same dates for "ALL" DEO Occupations with positions remaining.

DAA said:
23 Jul and then 17 Nov.  Same dates for "ALL" DEO Occupations with positions remaining.

I heard from my RC that the next selection for DEO will take place last week of June. Is it true?

By piecing together several tidbits of information I have devised a working hypothesis that a DEO selection board IS taking place in the last week of June. To start, I point out Mab163’s post that his RC said the next selection for DEO will take place in the last week of June, which is June 23rd to June 27th (or possible June 30th to July 4th). This ties in with other rumours on this forum about selection boards on June 23rd for a variety of trades. Anyone who scrolls up will see that DAA posted “23 Jul” (July 23rd) which is a Wednesday, while June 23rd is a Monday, which would seem a more likely day to start a selection board on. Possibly a typo on the part of DAA, although admittedly this is a weak point. Finally, a friend of a friend who is switching trades from MARS claims that the selection board for his new trade (which I assume is another Officer trade) is within the next two weeks.

This of course is just an educated guess based on rumours and hunches, but hopefully others who read will be able to dispute or support my theory with additional rumours or even better, facts.

Househouse said:
Possibly a typo on the part of DAA, although admittedly this is a weak point. Finally, a friend of a friend who is switching trades from MARS claims that the selection board for his new trade (which I assume is another Officer trade) is within the next two weeks.

This of course is just an educated guess based on rumours and hunches, but hopefully others who read will be able to dispute or support my theory with additional rumours or even better, facts.

Not a typo on my part but then again, everything is subject to change.  The end of this month would make more sense though.......

Well I was at the Toronto RC today, and was informed that Pilot and ACSO selections would be happening at the end of July... so there's that.

So I was wondering...

How does the selection board work? When I completed my medical and interview a short while ago the career councillor at my local CFRC said they are hiring 100 combat engineers. For arguments sake lets say they select combat engineers today, would they fill all 100 positions? Or is it just as likely they'll give out 20 positions as it is for them to give out all 100?

Thanks

ace1125 said:
So I was wondering...

How does the selection board work? When I completed my medical and interview a short while ago the career councillor at my local CFRC said they are hiring 100 combat engineers. For arguments sake lets say they select combat engineers today, would they fill all 100 positions? Or is it just as likely they'll give out 20 positions as it is for them to give out all 100?

Thanks

Well first your file has to go to Ottawa and the medical results be cleared by the Recruit Medical Officer(RMO). Once that is doe your file will come back with either fit or an unfit decision, and if you are fit you should be placed on the merit list. The merit list is a list of people who have gone through the process and their Military Potential score(CFAT+Interview Score) is shown their. When a selection board sits they have a certain number of spots on BMQ allocated for trades.

So no they don't give out all 100 spots at once(btw I think the number is close to 150 then 100). There are 60 spots on a BMQ course, and they tend to fill them with a mix of trades. So they could give out anywhere from 1-60 spots at a selection board, but they tend not to do the full BMQ of 1 trade choice.

Back