• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Seeking PDF on Pack and Kit loadouts for late 80's and current (for comparison)

ConstantiaPS

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi folks, first post, spent about 1.5 hours in this section searching for some specific info, and was not able to find it (Although I am sure it's in here somewhere).

Was in a recent discussion with a retired Marine down here in Southern California, about our personal kit, and what we wore into the fields.  My memory on this stuff has faded, so I am hoping someone might have the kit list for what we packed in our rucksack and on our web gear in the late 80's.  Additionally, I would be interested in seeing what the current loadout is, if anyone has a pdf on that.

Seriously, I've been looking here, and on google, and found absolutely nothing.  I'm hoping someone has better google shui than I do.

Thanks

I actually was able to find that, what I'm looking for is the contents.  Appreciate it though!

That's gonna be a tough find. Most units kept that internal and it changed from CO to CO or RSM to RSM. Perhaps somewhere in an archived SOP or unit Standing Orders there might be something. I know that over the last 25 yrs I've used several kit lists as issued by the different units and even sub units that I was posted into or attached to.
Good Luck.

Found it Gents.  Thanks to everyone who checked on this.  I knew I had this list somewhere.  Turns out it was on a removable drive at work.

I have uploaded it so those of you interested can download it.  This list is from 03, and is from a Militia Unit from BC.  At a glance, it appears to be pretty close to what we carried in Petawawa in the 80's.

http://949goguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/KitList.pdf

Back