• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Questionnaire

MethylSilane

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘m filling out my security questionnaire, and I‘m curious:

I‘m supposed to provide my addresses over the past ten years, however, I went away to school for four of the past ten. Should I provide EVERY address, or just my permanent address(es)?

Hope this is the right forum for this sort of thing...

Just do as best as you can.
I didn‘t know all my addresses of last ten years, because I forgot, but I filled out as much as I can, and I got in...

And then they will ask you to fill it out again, and again, and again.... The Army loves paperwork! :fifty:

And a tip:

Keep a copy that you‘ll be able to find ten years down the road, when you‘ll be asked to fill it out again. It isn‘t kept on file ...

You‘ve got to be kidding me. They make me remember all this crap to make sure that I‘m a fine upstanding Canadian citizen...and then they throw the form away ?

I suppose I should just get used to this sort of thing, eh?

Actually, I was mentioning this to a friend who wanted to know why they couldn‘t just use my SIN to determine where I‘ve lived, worked and gone to school for the past decade...anybody know?

...or is that, like, just another thing that I shouldn‘t think about...

I don‘t believe your SIN would track you before you got the SIN - and they want to know where you‘ve been for a long time.
I had a bitch of a time getting the address and postal code for the house I lived in when I was 7....

It may be kept on a security file somewhere, but I‘m told it is not kept anywhere you can access it. It certainly isn‘t (or never was, anyway) kept with your unit-level docs.

SIN is not supposed to be used for such stuff - and they are asking you to fill out the form - it doesn‘t mean they don‘t check it out. The RCMP use the same form -- a buddy of mine joined after many, many years as a reservist - a good chunk full-time. I had a visit from the RCMP doing his security check since he put me down as a reference. This stuff is taken seriously - even more so now, I expect.

Back