• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sea King replacement project mess continues...

Armymatters

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?F=1506230&C=america
Oi, will this ever go away? It was a done deal; Sikorsky got the bid. AugustaWestland may not like it, but Sikorsky got it. Now they are sueing the government for a billion dollars in damages... or restart the bidding process all over again... yeesh.

Edit: Edited to be more clear as to who was unhappy... sorry

Who does not like it? Most of the Air Force guys I have talked to are estactic over the project inlcuding several that frequent these forums...

Its so sad that the liberals ever got into power. They really made such a mess in Ottawa, i hope harper and crew can clean it up. We could have had great helicopter replacement way back then, if it wasnt cancelled . I dont blame Augustawestland to sue the government.

kind of glad we did not get the EH101 with all the problems its been through

Ex-Dragoon said:
kind of glad we did not get the EH101 with all the problems its been through

We were taking risks either way. It was either the EH-101, and the rotor issues, or the H-92, which was totally untested (except the flight dynamics), and the fact it may be late.

Again..we have people that are familiar with the S92, one here even flying it. I suggest you go through the old topics for a read.

It cant get on line too soon,  the CBC carried a news brief tonight of a sea king crashing off Denmark, all 5 crew appear to have been rescued. I hope they are all fine.

Either way EH101 is taking allot of time to maintain.  The cyclone might work out and may be a good Helo.  Ironic that this came out the day a Sea King Ditches.  Those guys are some lucky!!

:cdn:

I agree with you regulator12,

Oh yes if only the Tories had stayed in power. We could have had another decade of quality purchases equal to the LSVW or we could have sold off more heavy lift choppers as surplus, oh wait they sold them all.

ah it would have been great.

Have you ben called a "Tool" today?

Yes you have.

Ya iam a tool because i dont like the liberal government. Save the name calling for someone else....So you think its any better when the liberals spend millions of dollers on helicopters that we dont get? We as Canadians are all tools then to think that we will ever get what we really want

"Reversing the decision to buy EH-101 put the federal government in breach of its contract. The cost to Canadian taxpayers is still not known, but the best estimates are that the cost was $600 million to $700 million. That’s nearly a billion dollars that taxpayers paid to companies and received absolutely nothing in return!"

So you think that is better?

Armymatters said:
We were taking risks either way. It was either the EH-101, and the rotor issues, or the H-92, which was totally untested (except the flight dynamics), and the fact it may be late.

I demand to know where you learned to fly/aircraft maintenance/test pilot school/anything.  I want to know how many flying hours you have and in what aircraft.  I want to know what training you have in anything aviation.  I dont see you out here working on the EH-101, maybe you work in Greenwood ?  I dont know where you find the time , with all your JSF experience, to become an hellicopter expert.  I realy want to know.

STFU

I just came across this news regarding the Sea King  while reading the papaer. Here you go http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=497c59ea-31fe-4c8a-bc11-3f64d2240e29&k=65685

Back