• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Samuel Beckett (Calling all nerds)

winchable

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Reading his play "Endgame" right now;

Has anyone read (or seen) it? Thoughts please.
I figured with the success of the question on theoretical mathematics, this might also open up some more intellectual and relaxed discussion.

I‘m sorry... when you said Samuel Beckett... I though you meant the character from "Quantum Leap"...

my bad... :D

edited by poster for spelling

What a remarkable coincidence;I‘ve just rented "Becket on Film" which contains "Endgame", "Act Without Words", "Play", and "A Piece of Monologue". I‘ll let you know how it goes. I‘m only familiar with Godot, at present.

Oh, man - "Quantum Leap" - I loved that show!
The Wal-Mart near me has episodes on sale (video tapes) for only $2.66.
I know - just like some other useless threads originating in Oakville, let‘s all vote for our favourite episode.
Ooops ... what was the original question ... ?
(chuckle!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hmmm ... I think I read it, but ... this memory loss thing is starting to be a pain in the ash ...

Che,

I remember reading that play in my first year English.. one of the best works.

Made me think about how life is almost like an ‘endgame‘ of a chess match; the ending is determined, but the steps there aren‘t.

At least I think that‘s what I got out of it.. a little too tired to actually re-read it.

It‘s pretty abstract so far; Though I am starting to see the chess parralells.

I‘ve read and seen Godot, now that is an excellent work.
Beckett deservingly won a Nobel prize.
Interesting guy, heavily involved in the French resistance until the gestappo caught on to him and he had to leave Paris.

Back