• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Same Day CFAT + Interview (merged)

redtom

Inactive
Reaction score
Been training since I applied 2 months ago, and tomorrow's the big day, any last minute advice?

Thanks for the info so far guys, been a big help.

Relax, go in with an open mind, answer with what you know, and with your experience, let the cards fall where they fall.

Best of luck!

I am guessing you've already done things to prepare yourself for all sections of the CFAT and questions that may come up in the interview. If not, there is still time, and you can read plenty of advice on this forum.

If you're otherwise prepared, then here are some last pointers: Dress like you would to a civilian interview, it shows respect and shows that you're putting in effort. The other important point is how you hold yourself. Be professional and down to earth, and mean it. Do not lie. If you've done something that you are not proud of in the past, and it comes up, admit it and take steps to improve. This shows maturity. Don't make any excuses.

Treat everyone at the CFRC with respect they deserve. Best of luck.

First thing, RELAX. The CFAT is simple enough and you should pass if you're prepared man. The interview is easy. Just know what you want to do, why etc.

Good luck!

CFAT was actually easier than I thought, but I still feel like I wrote a test. I would have failed if I didn't take the time to prepare.

The interview was straightforward and all the staff were great. I'm on a long lunch while I wait for my medical.

redtom said:
CFAT was actually easier than I thought, but I still feel like I wrote a test. I would have failed if I didn't take the time to prepare.

The interview was straightforward and all the staff were great. I'm on a long lunch while I wait for my medical.

Are you doing all 3 in one day??

redtom said:

You're lucky to be doing all 3 at once. Some people wait ages in between stages.

Once again, good luck dude!

If you don't study for the CFAT you're going to screw yourself over. Like he said it feels like a test, I love the interview! My interviewer was a great guy. Goodluck on the medical!

Medical was fine, I need to get some papers sorted out with a doctor, nothing serious. Aside from that it's just the fitness test. Now that the application paperwork is out of the way the process seems pretty pain free. I must really be lucky haha. Lets hope it keeps up.

Fitness test? Is your application for the Reserves? What trades are you applying for?

Conz said:
Fitness test? Is your application for the Reserves? What trades are you applying for?

Yeah I'm applying for the reserves. That could be why I'm having an easy time I guess. I applied for infantry,  armoured, and artillery.

If you don't mind me asking, how long between your 3 tests and your fitness test?

I'm going to be going through the same process and I would like to be able to get a rough figure for a time span so i can adjust the estimated training time I have before my test.

redtom said:
Yeah I'm applying for the reserves. That could be why I'm having an easy time I guess. I applied for infantry,  armoured, and artillery.

Good for you. I have just completed my second application process for armour officer and infantry officer, Reg Force. Good luck!

Whats the best way to prepare for the CFAT. I saw a practice test online but it looked pretty basic. Are there any others/how did you all prepare?

NLockhart said:
Whats the best way to prepare for the CFAT. I saw a practice test online but it looked pretty basic. Are there any others/how did you all prepare?
Wrote and passed my CFAT earlier today. I borrowed this book from the library called PublicServicePrep: Canadian Military, Border Services, and Corrections Exams to prepare myself for the spatial ability and math portions of the test.

NLockhart said:

Study up to the grade 10 math level.  Read what the Forces recruiting website says about it in detail, but note, their practice exam is easy compared to the actual CFAT.  Its just meant to give you an idea of the type of questions you will answer and the basic topics (problem solving, vocab, spatial etc)

Wait only up to grade 10?
Is there any trig? Quadratic? Graph sketching? Calculus?
I didn't have a provincial curriculum in the usual time frame :/
Definitely algebra though, right?

I'm not really asking about the specifics of the test, moreso the curriculum that we ought to know for the grade it's being conducted for.

Back