• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Safariland Holsters

some entities require the thumb cover on the 6005 -- me I cut them off - or if I qam super ambitious I unbolt the holster and remove it.

The Leg Shround on the 6005 is not as stable as the 6004 -- but still very workable -- I would grab either a 4 or 5 depending on what I saw first.

I'm looking to swap more of my rigs out to the UBL Drop, as I like a high ride - and I hate leg straps

-Kev

Infidel-6 said:
some entities require the thumb cover on the 6005 -- me I cut them off - or if I qam super ambitious I unbolt the holster and remove it.

The Leg Shround on the 6005 is not as stable as the 6004 -- but still very workable -- I would grab either a 4 or 5 depending on what I saw first.

I'm looking to swap more of my rigs out to the UBL Drop, as I like a high ride - and I hate leg straps

-Kev

Thanks for the info. What's involved in 'unbolting' the 5 to remove the thumb cover? Is this something that can easily be accomplished with household tools?

So while on leave in Vancouver, I stopped quickly in DS Tactical.

As I stared at the 6004's on the wall, 9er asked me if I wanted it now, and after some hemming, I said, nah, I'll wait a couple weeks and order one.

As I was at the other end of the store talking with some guys, she said she was going to the car real quick. Totally oblivious, I had no idea she'd picked up the holster for me. They even gave her a 15% mil discount.

So, on the bright side, I now have a sweet 9er D, AND 6004 holster.

They still do have a few in stock for Browning. As well as Kev's UBLs

They even gave her a 15% mil discount

They give everyone a discount, Mil, LE, Airsoft, CGN or just as for it.  Hense the reason their prices are 15% higher than everyone else to start with.

Farmboy said:
They give everyone a discount, Mil, LE, Airsoft, CGN or just as for it.  Hense the reason their prices are 15% higher than everyone else to start with.

There's popping the balloon for ya, even if the opinion is coming from the competition. ;)

recceguy said:
There's popping the balloon for ya, even if the opinion is coming from the competition. ;)

Meh. Who's balloon is popped? I got a free holster, 9er's thoughtful, and got me the right one.

Besides, as far as I can see, one shot doesn't carry safariland.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Totally oblivious, I had no idea she'd picked up the holster for me. They even gave her a 15% mil discount.
Beadwindow 7 said:
Meh. Who's balloon is popped? I got a free holster, 9er's thoughtful, and got me the right one.

Besides, as far as I can see, one shot doesn't carry safariland.

Simply saying you thought she got your military discount and someone else is saying even though she did, she didn't. Doesn't matter if the other vendor carries it or not. Kinda like Ford saying publicly Dodge is using unfair pricing strategies, right?

Just an observation.

You make a point but is it really necessary.  His wife surprised him with the kit he wanted.  He's happy regardless of the misrepresentation of the discount. 

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
You make a point but is it really necessary.  His wife surprised him with the kit he wanted.  He's happy regardless of the misrepresentation of the discount. 

'xactly.

Med, I'll give you a call sometime during the day today.

This current deployment has seen me running a 226 in a Safariland drop leg (6004) while out and about and while in garrison in a Serpa (CQC) belt rig. I think I may have to look into I6's UBL system. I dont mind the Serpa for a belt holster but I find the belt paddle digs into and rubs my hip painfully (what can i say? I'm a skinny guy  ;D). The UBL might elleviate issues I have with both holsters.

Yeah I sometimes speak out to much on stuff that I shouldn't.

Besides that though, it's great to have someone that will buy you things!!  ;D

G'day All,
Just looking on the Safariland website and they show two versions of the 6004 for the Browning HP:6004-76-121 and 6004-1376-121. The latter has a note saying it is for carriage with the hammer down.... is this the version most folks deploying are choosing?

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=6004

If you get the hammer down version - you can cut a notch in the hood to allow for cocked and locked carry --- however I have heard that the safety nazi's in the CF have now decided this method of hammer down carry is good  ::)  So your C8 is cocked and safety on -- but the pistol is different -- sheer genius  ???

I6 how do you remove that annoying 'hood' thing over the rotating retention strap?

unbolt it --- its bolted on to the top bolt for the holster / SLS hood

or if your lazy -- hack it off with the Gerber/SOG saw.

Thanks I6, I'm going to guess that the hammer up version will accomodate both methods of carry?...hammer up or down, a better choice in the event one actually has a choice???

Cheers

MedTech said:
Cheers! Much unbolting shall be done!

The allen key that removes those bolts is included in the package. You'll probably find the key attached on the inside of the leg paddle.