• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Safariland Holsters

My experience with online orders from the US gives me further cause to buy from Canadian dealers where possible, as shipping/brokerage costs can add considerably to the overall cost, depending to some degree on the shipper used. Some things work out better, some don't.

Anyway, the order's in, and they promise late June. I expect a longer wait, but they should arrive well in time.

If you buy from the US as a Canadian -- ensure your stuff is sent USPS Priority Mail -- not via UPS as the "brokerage fees" are blatant rippoffs.

Most will ship that way if you call even if it is not a website option...

Try looking at the 1VP kit shop, they had some there when we were on work up for 1-08. Also, I got mine from P&D enterprises before I went over in 06. They didnt have any in stock, but the ordered it in, and was in my hands in under 2 weeks.

I have found some places that will use USPS, and some that adamantly won't (not necessarily kit places, but a variety of other businesses). From whom I order depends upon overall cost including shipping and how badly I want the item if I can't find a more reasonable source. I will happily give preference to a Canadian dealer if the price is close, and I frequently find that to be the case. I am also somewhat old-fashioned and prefer to deal in person with real people and inspect the merchandise myself before deciding. Recommendations of items and/or mail-order dealers from people that I trust count highly as well.

PhilB said:
Try looking at the 1VP kit shop, they had some there when we were on work up for 1-08. Also, I got mine from P&D enterprises before I went over in 06. They didnt have any in stock, but the ordered it in, and was in my hands in under 2 weeks.

Thanks, do you remember how much you paid at P&D?  Although I have already made committments with Loachman, there are a few people I know from Edmonton that would like one.  They might also have the same problem as Milarm...  I might even drop by 1VP's kit shop; just to see.

Loachman said:
I am also somewhat old-fashioned

Really?  ;)

I wouldnt quote me laps but I believe it was aroud $150, keep in mind though this was a couple years ago when these holsters where somewhat new.

$146 and change including tax at Nicholls.

I got mine at DS Tactical; a little pricier but it shipped out the next day.

I tried a 6004 and the issue Bianchi flap holster (bad) and the thumbbreak Bianchi (worse!) and there really is no comparison.

DG

If you want a higher ride -- got for the UBL Drop for the 6004 body -- much better if your seated a lot and you can draw from seated as well -- a bit near impossible to do with the 6004 on the thigh.

Iraq024.jpg

Infidel-6 said:
If you want a higher ride -- got for the UBL Drop for the 6004 body -- much better if your seated a lot and you can draw from seated as well -- a bit near impossible to do with the 6004 on the thigh.

Iraq024.jpg

Just what I have been looking for... where'd you get yours??

Someone had it sitting around in our team room.  I really like it -- its only been three months (but daily wear) and I am sold --

I forgot to tell you I think it will solve one of your issues you where concerned about (my bad).

I think it's the best option.

Is there a part # on it? It looks like the 6075 UBL adapter...

Infidel-6 said:
Skip the Serpa.

I have been forced into using one for the entity I work for found a good deal on them and so we got forced to wear it in the name of uniformity  ::)  Bad enough I forced out of my 1911 -and into a Grock, but the SERPA has me ready to ship all my stuff to Virigina and take up knitting.

What was your issue with the Serpa?

It was issued  ;D

Seriously -- I dislike the release mech - presure from the trigger finger to release it - its an excuse for Mr Murphy to get involved.  I think it is more of a training issue - but more than one agency int eh US had issues - and one entity I worked for decertified it for use by their personnel.  Stress in combat is bad enough why add a potential issue to the pile.
Personally I hate the thigh rig for it as well - it was hard to run high (I despise knee holsters) and the strap cut into me as did the leg "shroud".

I dont think its a very bad holster, especially for a retention holster for belt carry -- but I am much happier with the SLS hood style for duty wear
- plus I use a weapon light on my pistols and the SERPA light rigs are worthless.

Just an FYI, I stopped into Nicholls at the Canotek business park in east end Ottawa the other day, they had several Safariland 6005s in tan/brown, marked for Browning Hi-Power 4.75" BBL, as I recall. I am certain that it was 6005s for the Browning, and pretty damned sure about the barrel length.

So you know.

6005 is the 6004 with crappy leg shroud (old ones not made anymore) and the thumb cover POS thingy.

Infidel-6 said:
6005 is the 6004 with crappy leg shroud (old ones not made anymore) and the thumb cover POS thingy.

Is it safe to assume your reccommendation would be to take the extra effort to find a 6004 then?

Brihard said:
Is it safe to assume your reccommendation would be to take the extra effort to find a 6004 then?

I've had good luck with COPQUEST.com , good prices and quick shipping. They carry most Safariland stuff.