• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sad News for those who have done time in Aldershot....

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
Legends is burning :'(

To some this might be good news, but I have fond memories of practising patrols 'on our own time' off the back of the range and being picked up by cab near heartbreak hill for a late night recce to Legends. I also have not-so-fond memories of coming face to face with my DS there - or at least the following day/week/month ;D

Sad day for LFAA
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
581
Points
1,060
Only been to Aldershot once, for a skill-at-arms competition. Didn't meet my team until the morning because as soon as the van pulled in, another van hollered "We're going to Legends!" and off I went. Good times there.
 

Hurricane

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Apparently every fire department in reach has sent every available engine, fingers crossed.
 

Maxadia

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
They've had a long standing tradition that when one fire department goes to a fire, the others in the Valley area are on "alert" if needed......it's been useful on more than one occasion.

Now I'm homesick for the fire alarm at noon in Wolfville.  :(
 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
Yep, "Mutual Aid" was pretty much invented in the valley.

Last report I saw was that seventeen separate stations on scene. That's fecking crazy.

The Legends franchise was pretty famous among those from 1NSH what with the one that is currently on fire as well as the former Legends at the Amherst Wadalyn. Some of my fondest lack of memories happened at a Legends.

Hurricane said:
Apparently every fire department in reach has sent every available engine, fingers crossed.

Because they know the importance here.

And the Reserves in Nova Scotia weep.
 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
I can't believe this. Legends has had an effect on many. I am currently sitting in the Air Canada lounge at Heathrow with a bunch of guys from Nova Scotia. I broke the news and there is sadness in the air.

 

Hammer Sandwich

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Scott said:
I can't believe this. Legends has had an effect on many. I am currently sitting in the Air Canada lounge at Heathrow with a bunch of guys from Nova Scotia. I broke the news and there is sadness in the air.

That sucks....I didn't spend any time there while I was a reservist, but my Wife and I, (and our wedding party) had a big piss-up there the night before we got married.
Our reception was at the Wandalyn as well.

A sad day...

:(
 

211RadOp

Sr. Member
Reaction score
2
Points
230
Legends was the main reason I enjoyed going to Aldershot.  Sad day indeed.  :crybaby:
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
270
Points
910
I put some beer and shots downrange there as well, and don't ever remember having a bad time at that place. 

:salute: Legends
 

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
10
Points
580
Not sure if this is related but:

2 firefighters hurt in motel blaze

CBC News Posted: Jan 12, 2012 6:52 AM AT Last Updated: Jan 12, 2012 7:58 AM AT


ns-hi-fire-pine-view-8col.jpg


Firefighters were still at the scene Thursday morning. (Phonse Jessome/CBC) 



Two firefighters were injured while battling a fire at the Pine View Inn in Coldbrook, N.S.

The blaze was raging in the motel's convention centre by the time fire crews arrived at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

"Firefighters initially made an interior attack on the fire but were forced back by the fast moving fire," the Kentville fire department said in a statement.

Crews from 17 fire departments in the Annapolis Valley helped to contain the fire.

The firefighters were hurt in the icy conditions, the CBC's Phonse Jessome reported from the scene early Thursday.

Jessome said some roads near the motel are closed because water used to fight the fire has frozen. The local school board has changed some bus routes.

The motel on Highway 1 near Kentville was part of the Wandlyn chain until two years ago. A restaurant and bar opened recently.

The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.


Looks like the place is gutted.....
 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
NFLD Sapper said:
Not sure if this is related but:

2 firefighters hurt in motel blaze

CBC News Posted: Jan 12, 2012 6:52 AM AT Last Updated: Jan 12, 2012 7:58 AM AT


ns-hi-fire-pine-view-8col.jpg


Firefighters were still at the scene Thursday morning. (Phonse Jessome/CBC) 



Two firefighters were injured while battling a fire at the Pine View Inn in Coldbrook, N.S.

The blaze was raging in the motel's convention centre by the time fire crews arrived at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

"Firefighters initially made an interior attack on the fire but were forced back by the fast moving fire," the Kentville fire department said in a statement.

Crews from 17 fire departments in the Annapolis Valley helped to contain the fire.

The firefighters were hurt in the icy conditions, the CBC's Phonse Jessome reported from the scene early Thursday.

Jessome said some roads near the motel are closed because water used to fight the fire has frozen. The local school board has changed some bus routes.

The motel on Highway 1 near Kentville was part of the Wandlyn chain until two years ago. A restaurant and bar opened recently.

The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.


Looks like the place is gutted.....

That's it....

I had heard that under new ownership they had closed the bar down...still sad.
 

Franko

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Was it known as JJ's or JR's before?
 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
Negative. JRs was in New Minas and an utter shithole. The reason we all liked Legends was you were pretty certain you wouldn't have to fight until you got back to Kentville and the cops got hold of you. JRs you could bank on swinging for the fences soon after walking in.

 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
270
Points
910
That is probably one of the most clear, concise descriptions of JRs I've heard.

The "basement bar" in Kentville was always good for a couple of rounds (both kinds) as well as that place in Wolfville close to Acadia, names eludes me.  Anvil?

 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
The Anvil is indeed in Wolfville. Replace jealous locals from JRs with jealous football players at Acadia and you have the same results, just no town cops to deal with.

There was another one in Kentville close to the King's Arms that pretty much had plastic furniture after the regular stuff was turned into matchsticks by warring soldiers.
 

genesis98

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
I've been there atleast 8 times and I can't remember what the inside of the place looked like.... wonder why that is ....
 

Hammer Sandwich

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Scott said:
.....There was another one in Kentville close to the King's Arms that pretty much had plastic furniture after the regular stuff was turned into matchsticks by warring soldiers.

KAP's?
 

Scott

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
68
Points
630
Hammer Sandwich said:

Dude, I was always too busy looking for the next victim in the battle royal to recall silly details like that.

Still very, very sad.
 
Top