• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russia in the 21st Century [Superthread]

Results of the UN Vote on Russia in Ukraine

UN_Vote_on_Russia (2).png

Russian Allies voted with Russia (Belarus, N. Korea, Syria, Nicaragua)
Russian Friends took the Chinese position and abstained (The BRICS position)
Russian Associates took the Iranian position and did not vote.
Anti-Russians voted against Russia's invasion.

The cohesion of BRICS is noteworthy, as is the loyalty of Nicaragua.

View attachment 74205

"HALT! Or we will yell "HALT!" again!

"HALT! Or we will yell "HALT!" again!
There will be a strongly worded letter in your mailbox at the end of the month!

I don't expect the UN to do anything but I do find the voting patterns intriguing. For example India-China-South Africa (BRICS) seems to be a stronger draw than India-Japan-Australia-US (The Quad).

View attachment 74205

Except of course the "B" in BRICS (Brazil) voted against Russia

He’s making a list checking it twice, and going to JDAM the crap out of those No Voters later…

Nicaragua
Syria
Belarus
North Korea are all getting Regime change in their stockings after Putin goes.

He’s making a list checking it twice, and going to JDAM the crap out of those No Voters later…

Nicaragua
Syria
Belarus
Nicaragua - forgot it was even a country until just now

Syria - that’s sooooooooo 2018

(But since it’s still fighting the same civil war it was in 2018, and nothing has really changed, sure! JDAM that dickhead.)

Belarus - not sure we can JDAM a European country, even if they are ‘the last dictatorship’ in Europe…

(Kosovo was already mucked up when NATO got involved. Scuff on the carpet was already there before we got there)

But if Ukraine’s recent concerns turn out to be true, Ukraine may take care of it sooner vs later…

North Korea - is that fat little dipshit still alive even? If so, agreed. JDAM em’.

I can be Santa’s little helper if he needs a hand getting ready for Christmas this year 🎅🏻

Nicaragua
Syria
Belarus
North Korea might not. Mr Kim has a lock on the press there

A good portion of those abstaining countries are having their own border-claim issues, and probably don't want a precedent of a stern UN finger-wagging if their territorial dealings are deemed inappropriate (eg - India/Pakistan). Interesting that Thailand abstained, yet the other side of their 'border issues,' Myanmar, voted in favour. 🤷‍♂️

Cuba was also abstaining which I found interesting
Cuba I suspect has little interest generating rate from us, when their godfather is doing a shit job in Ukraine...
@Journeyman I suspect several countries abstained when it was clear the motion was a majority and they didn't want to unduly ruffle the Russians.

Belarus, well Luka is clinging to power by his short and curlies, and knows if VVP removes his troops, he's going to folks -- he pushed his chips to stake Vlad, and is nothing more than a sock puppet now -- I expect there will come a time, when Vlad tries to order Belarus troops over the border, but I'm not sure that would end positively for either Vlad or Luka (and I expect Luka has made that clear to Vlad).

Iran and Venezuela where the odd ones, I think they knew that voting either way was going to be bad for them, and the "I forgot to set my alarm clock for the meeting" routine gives them an out to both sides.

Back