- Reaction score
Interesting American Thinker article about Putin stepping into the power vacuum left by the US.
In the absence of American strength and reliability, all the players are turning to Russia, which is emerging:
● as a vocal defender of Christianity against Muslim persecution around the world;
● as a plausible peacemaker in the Middle East, with far better relationships with Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Syria than America has today;
● as the monopoly natural gas supplier for Germany, with the consent of the Franco-German axis;
● as the only country with a credible a nuclear umbrella to protect its friends and deter its enemies;
● as a country that understands the value of relatively free markets -- witness the 14% flat tax Putin just introduced in Russia.