• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rubberized Cargo Pack

Lightguns

Inactive
Reaction score
OK, can anyone ID this pack, My expert who has written a book on Canadian gear is unable to, other than calling it a Cargo Pack trials pack. 

Looks like the '64 Pattern ruck pouch without the frame, not to be confused with that huge arsed thing there was as well that had a head strap on it that I suspect was never really intended for human carriage.

MM

Yup, '64 bag, no frame, makes an okay utility pack if you can jerry rig up some straps for it.

Wrong, look at it again, it has a foot extension out of it.  It is C1 bag down to the bottom of the bag where a foot long extension goes out into the back of the wearer.  I have plenty of 64 bags here, and this extension makes it a way different beast.

At first glance, based upon the obvious extension, it looked like a 64 Pattern Cargo Pack, but backwards and without shoulder straps. I've never seen anything like it. It does not look like it was modified, and people were not into having such things custom-made back then.

It could possibly have been made for a trial.

It is marked 1972 and trial seems to be the concensus.  The theory is that the army was looking for a way to have access to main pouch without removing the valise, thus the valise was put between the pack and the frame with additional pack to support the valise.  I do not have the actual bag but I think know where I can get one.  I may experiment for my own curiosity.  I think I will let my informat know we cannot figure out exactly what he has. 

Lightguns said:
OK, can anyone ID this pack, My expert who has written a book on Canadian gear is unable to, other than calling it a Cargo Pack trials pack. 

Does it fit on a C2/jumpruck/LW ruck sack frame? Can you show us?

And as an aside, would that happen to be "tangled webbing"? the book? I have been trying to locate a copy for some time. Haven't even seen an "unreasonably priced" one.

This is a radio operators pack for a prc515.  This pack fits on the outside of the radio on its pack frame.  The radio frame provides the shoulder straps.  The wide bottom is extra space for the valise.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Back