• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RTWP and TCP question.

lennoj

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I have a question for you policy experts out there.

Scenario:

- Member is a Cls B P.Res member and is injured.
- The member is on the Return to Work Program (No class of service while on the RTWP as a P.Res mbr)
- The member worked a normal work week within their MEL everyday at their unit minus med appointments
- The member heals and COT's to the Regs and a new trade.
- The member has noticed afterwards that their TCP calculation is not correct due to the time on the RTW not being accounted for in their message.

Question:

Does the time that the member is on the RTW and employed at their home unit count towards their service?

I am absolutely baffled by this one. I've searched through the pubs and came up bone dry. Could the issue be due to the fact there are only three type of classes for a reservists and RTWP can not be classified on their MPRR resulting in the TCP not being as accurate as it ought to be?

Thank you in advance.

The member should have been on Class C extension or Reserve Disability Compensation.

Failing that, was the member signing in daily?

Looking at your profile (and assuming you're the person in question): You did both a CT (Res to Reg) and an OT (Arty to AC Op).

TCP is Time Credit For Promotion.

Experience in another occupation does not grant you TCP.  It may grant a higher Incentive Pay Category (IPC) on transfer, but it will not reduce the length of time in rank required to be promoted.

... and my observation of RTW placements is that they often have very little to offer of experience related to any occupation.

Back