• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Selections FY 2021-2022

Before you got an offer, were you moved to the selected section on the online portal?
I got my offer for pilot on Friday over the phone and my portal was still saying competition listed, even after I accepted the offer. The portal doesn’t mean too much once you’re on the competition list, so don’t worry too much about it.

My application is still stuck on medical/interview stage from over a month, may be two or three months now and online portal hasn't changed at all. Not sure what to do? I've received offers from civilian universities but waiting for an offer from RMC. Is this normal that I am not getting any kind of correspondence from there... I'm in grade 12 and I applied in sept 2020, had my aptitude test in nov.2020, did my medical in dec.2020 and received an email in jan. 2021 that my application is sent for medical review to Ottawa and have heard nothing after that...Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your reply.

My application is still stuck on medical/interview stage from over a month, may be two or three months now and online portal hasn't changed at all. Not sure what to do? I've received offers from civilian universities but waiting for an offer from RMC. Is this normal that I am not getting any kind of correspondence from there... I'm in grade 12 and I applied in sept 2020, had my aptitude test in nov.2020, did my medical in dec.2020 and received an email in jan. 2021 that my application is sent for medical review to Ottawa and have heard nothing after that...Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Call the recruiting centre you applied to, email them, leave a voicemail, do whatever you can to contact them. See if they can give you an update on your file and help explain what’s going on, and eventually get you on the competition list. It’s a good idea to have some sort of backup plan, so accept somewhere you would like to go. Accepting it wouldn’t affect your application to ROTP at all.

I got my offer for pilot on Friday over the phone and my portal was still saying competition listed, even after I accepted the offer. The portal doesn’t mean too much once you’re on the competition list, so don’t worry too much about it.
Got it, Thanks for your reply!

Call the recruiting centre you applied to, email them, leave a voicemail, do whatever you can to contact them. See if they can give you an update on your file and help explain what’s going on, and eventually get you on the competition list. It’s a good idea to have some sort of backup plan, so accept somewhere you would like to go. Accepting it wouldn’t affect your application to ROTP at all

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I did contact them and they keep telling me to wait. I really hope to hear from them soon :)
Congratulations on your offer and all the best.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I did contact them and they keep telling me to wait. I really hope to hear from them soon :)
Congratulations on your offer and all the best.
Thanks! Good luck to you too, hopefully you hear some news before long

I was just moved to selected on the portal, how long does it typically take to receive an offer after being moved to selected?

I was just moved to selected on the portal, how long does it typically take to receive an offer after being moved to selected?
Congrats! Normally it’s at least a week or two before you get the call after you get selected. There’s a checklist they have to go through to make sure everything is okay, then draft up the offer.

did you call your recruiter before you were moved to selected or just waited? My application is not moving at all. Thanks

did you call your recruiter before you were moved to selected or just waited? My application is not moving at all. Thanks
I just waited, tbh the recruitment centres are really slow, just try to get put on the comp by early may and u will be good

I mean Avotp offers started pouring in lol why not rotps as well. Still waiting on my offer for avotp. Kinda disappointed all my fellow unit buddies are recieving their offers and still nothing for me.

Last edited:
Anyone that applied to infantry, artillery, or armored get a response yet?

I just waited, tbh the recruitment centres are really slow, just try to get put on the comp by early may and u will be good
How do I get them to move me to Comp. list by early may or even check my status. I'm not getting any information from anywhere.

Called My bpso today they told me " file is currently on comp list, I see some people got offers but many are still waiting" I'm OTing from armoured to Veh Tech. It's just kinds disappointing seeing my fellow peers get their offers into HRA or even Navy trades but im still waiting so I guess the wait game continues... anyone else get offers ?

been on comp list for the last month-ish, and hamilton
Your in Ontario, and with the current situation with COVID , everything is going to take longer. The first round of selections for ROTP happened like 3 weeks ago, and I only just got my offer today while some people in Halifax or provinces with low amount of COVID cases got their offers right after the selections. Honestly I understand the wait can be very nerve racking, just keep your mind occupied on something else like working out or a personnel hobby, as there is no point on stressing out on something that you can no longer control. Don't worry you will definitely get in, there is another round of selections happening in May.
Called My bpso today they told me " file is currently on comp list, I see some people got offers but many are still waiting" I'm OTing from armoured to Veh Tech. It's just kinds disappointing seeing my fellow peers get their offers into HRA or even Navy trades but im still waiting so I guess the wait game continues... anyone else get offers ?
I got an offer for ROTP signal officer. Don't worry bro, you will get an offer. I'm also using ottawa, and it's an absolute mess with the whole COVID situation. It took them like over 3 weeks to notify me of my offer from the time of selection, they have their hands tied with COVID and other applicants. As I said to the guy above, you're just torturing yourself by worrying about stuff that you can no longer control, keep you mind occupied on something positive and in no time you will get an offer. Best of lucks and you will get selected!

Back