• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP selections FY 2020-2021

I just missed the call, enrollment offer is for EME Officer RMCC for 4 years

I received my acceptance today as well for 4 years as InfO. Hopefully I can cut that 4 years into 2 and a half as I’ve already completed a handful of courses.

jaysfan17, RMC does not typically allow students to graduate in under 4 years.

I know many in my graduating class that began RMC having already completed a full year of university... they all completed a full 4 years at the college.

Hello all,

I am very curious about what method you guys are receiving your offers, is it by phone call, email, letter in the mailbox, etc. I am getting a bit anxious because on the application website, it says that an offer has been tendered (for about a week) yet I have received no information about it by any means.

Also is there a specific time frame to accept an offer once it has been sent out?

PreparedBroom said:
Hello all,

I am very curious about what method you guys are receiving your offers, is it by phone call, email, letter in the mailbox, etc. I am getting a bit anxious because on the application website, it says that an offer has been tendered (for about a week) yet I have received no information about it by any means.

Also is there a specific time frame to accept an offer once it has been sent out?

I might not be of much help to your question as I received an email from my CT broker as I am transferring from the reserves. However, when I completed the interview I asked how I%u2019d be notified and the Captain said most likely through email or phone call plus a letter in the mail. We%u2019re still in the early stages so it%u2019s tough to predict how others will get notified.

Also in regards to the timeframe question. Respond ASAP.

winds_13 said:
jaysfan17, RMC does not typically allow students to graduate in under 4 years.

I know many in my graduating class that began RMC having already completed a full year of university... they all completed a full 4 years at the college.

I just received an email from admissions and they’ll be counting my credits towards my degree. They also mentioned that it is not uncommon for students to graduate “early”.

PreparedBroom said:
Hello all,

I frequently checked the portal and one or two days after it said selected I received the call, of course I missed it. Then a few hours after that I got the offer through email (recruiting centre Ottawa). The letter says "If we have not received your reply within 14 days, we will assume that you have declined the offer". I promptly signed and sent it to the offers.offres email address, try contacting your detachment (an email should work). Congratulations on being selected!

The offer finally came via email, I cannot express how big the smile is on my face right now :)

PreparedBroom said:
I got an offer for pilot, and I'll be studying aerospace at the college.
Congrats !!  Do you know if you go to Saint-jean or RMC for 1st year ??

JoNugget said:

I don't think those details are official yet. In the email I received, for the "school" section, it simply said RMC.

I think once the offer letters get sent out you'll know a bit more about where you're going, if we go at all. First term (maybe first semester) could start out via distance learning.

Have you received any news for yourself?

jaysfan17 said:
I don't think those details are official yet. In the email I received, for the "school" section, it simply said RMC.

I think once the offer letters get sent out you'll know a bit more about where you're going, if we go at all. First term (maybe first semester) could start out via distance learning.

Have you received any news for yourself?
I'm already at CMR, I just like recruiting stats and this forum so I often come here. I was wondering if he goes to St-jean because I'm a prep, so he will technically be in my year cause we will both be juniors!

Staff edit to fix quote box.

JoNugget said:

On the offer it said, "The intention is that you will be posted to the Canadian Forces Base ROYAL MILITARY COLLEGE OF CANADA
0046."

Did you also get an enrollment ceremony date? I think they're trying to avoid doing it online, mine is in late June.

Luyico said:
Did you also get an enrollment ceremony date? I think they're trying to avoid doing it online, mine is in late June.

I did not get an exact date, it said, "You will be enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces in late June/early July 2020."

Does anyone know when the selection date for the May rounds? Anyone received offers recently for ROTP?

Back