• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP RMC Academic Year 2022-23

Anyone has an idea how many participants in this forum have been or, are still members of any cadet organization?
I, myself, have been a member of the 872 Kiwanis Royal Air Cadet Squadron and quite a few of us have applied for the ROTP.
WO2 at 907 Black Knights Squadron

I wish I was joking but yes, it took 3 weeks for my medical appeal to be approved
Yeah it’s already been 3 weeks for me, I’m a bit upset because I did well on my CFAT and interview, and passed aircrew. I’m worried my application will be delayed too far and there won’t be any spots.

I'm a reservist and I applied through a CT. Another friend of mine from basic got his acceptance two weeks ago. So I call the CFRC and he tells me I've been moved up to the competition list now since last he checked. I'm expecting to hear back from them this week. Does anyone have any more information?

I already have a backup acceptance at my local civi uni but I really think the ROTP program is the place for me. So if I don't hear back from them this week I should probably start applying for other scholarships?

Anyone been selected for Pilot yet?
I started my application back in September of 2021 and finished my CFAST 3 months ago. My status has been at "ready for competition list" ever since my CFAST and no word on anything at all. My guess is since PLT so competitive, it takes way longer than other careers to get selected or denied.

On a side note...does anyone know how long it takes to move on from the competition list? A rough estimate is enough, I know it's not exact.

If you are accepted into ROPT, does that mean you are automatically admitted into RMC? Also, do we get to plan our own schedule for classes like regular civilian universities?
For Schedule, 1st and 2nd years usually have courses booked for you. 3rd and 4th years have some electives, but it won’t be as much as Civi U. For the timings, I guess you can move around the classes to the time you want, but honestly there won’t be a lot of options because a lot of courses have just one timing. Classes aren’t that big like other unis so you get more time with Prof, but the most classes have only just one timing

Yes. We have to go by ourselves. CF will book the flight. After you arrive you have to pickup train,bus or uber. There's a detailed route how to get to the location. Noone won't pick us up. I only know so far my flight from Edmonton in in July 2. BMOQ July 4 till August 5. And when will be transferred to Kingston. Something like that.
I’m in 1st year at RMC right now, so just curious for you guys. After you guys come to RMC, are you guys starting FYOP right away?

I started my application back in September of 2021 and finished my CFAST 3 months ago. My status has been at "ready for competition list" ever since my CFAST and no word on anything at all. My guess is since PLT so competitive, it takes way longer than other careers to get selected or denied.

On a side note...does anyone know how long it takes to move on from the competition list? A rough estimate is enough, I know it's not exact.
I've been told by my military counselor that even though my application is ready for competition list, im actually on it. Not entirely sure why though, I'd suggest contacting your military counselor to check.

I've been told by my military counselor that even though my application is ready for competition list, im actually on it. Not entirely sure why though, I'd suggest contacting your military counselor to check.
The portal has to be updated manually and is not 100% reflective of where you're at.

Been through CFAT and had medical and interview done 2 weeks ago (covid delays) but my status still shows as Ready for Medical/Interview. I've emailed recruiter and no responses. Should I be worried? Any suggestions as to what to do? I'm concerned I will miss selection.

I have been placed on the competition list as of Monday, April 11th. My occupation choices are MSE, NWO, and SIGS. However, I have read on this thread that offers for those occupations have been sent out already. Does this mean that the selections for those trades are done for the season? Or will there be more selection times for these occupations before all of the first years go to basic?

Been through CFAT and had medical and interview done 2 weeks ago (covid delays) but my status still shows as Ready for Medical/Interview. I've emailed recruiter and no responses. Should I be worried? Any suggestions as to what to do? I'm concerned I will miss selection.
Hey, don't worry too much about your online status. Because I got my offer when my online status was still sitting at CL. One of the recruiter has to manually update your status. It's better to ask your recruiter where your file is currently sitting at. If they don't replay, calling would be a better option. And as long as you get on CL before June I think you are fine. I heard there are three rounds of selections that go on from March to early June. If you guys have more question, feel free to ask me.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. One last question. I left my midterm high school transcript at the recruitment center. I remember that someone mentioned I should have sent it to RMC directly. Was he right, or the recruitment center will take care of that?

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. One last question. I left my midterm high school transcript at the recruitment center. I remember that someone mentioned I should have sent it to RMC directly. Was he right, or the recruitment center will take care of that?
For me the recruitment center actually photo copied it and gave it back. Then I got email from RMC to send them it too. Email to RMC also had additional papers too that I had to fill. This was however in Ontario and I’m not aware of how the process works for other provinces.

Hey, don't worry too much about your online status. Because I got my offer when my online status was still sitting at CL. One of the recruiter has to manually update your status. It's better to ask your recruiter where your file is currently sitting at. If they don't replay, calling would be a better option. And as long as you get on CL before June I think you are fine. I heard there are three rounds of selections that go on from March to early June. If you guys have more question, feel free to ask me.
How long did it take for you to get your offer?

Hey everyone, I'm really happy to tell you I got accepted into RMC Kingston as an Engineer Officer! Thank you to everyone for all of your help. Is anyone else heading to Saint-Jean for basic on July 4th? Feel free to contact m
Has anyone one gotten a date for enrollment yet?
I haven’t yet, got my offer for armour/rotp/arts a month ago but have yet to receive enrolment info.

Back