• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
elibmcalpine said:
curious if anyone could shed some light on when the second round of selection is scheduled to take place

Looking at the ROTP thread from 2014/2015 first round offers were received the week of April 16th. Four weeks later second round offers were received around May 13th.
In 2013/2014 the first round offers were reported around April 25th and second round offers the week of May 16th three weeks later.
Following that pattern, this year would put us in the range of May 21 to May 28th for second round calls. This is just a guess though.
This is a good chance to keep up the training for MEGA, just in case the call comes!!

My son got a call from the recruiting office today and got his offer of enrolment as an artillery officer. He will be heading to St. Jean on June 29th then on to RMC. This has been his dream since he was 12.  Couldn't be prouder of him. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear. 

Just got the call today.  I'll be headed to basic June 27 for ROTP Nursing! So happy!!! Good luck to everyone!

hey so i have just been accepted to rmc for eme officer, and i will do basic by july, however i am worried that i might not pass the physical test, and in that case ill be sent back. So my question is by accepting RMC's offer do other civilian university offers go away.

Accepting an RMC offer does not effect any civilian university offers. Civilian university offers must just be accepted by their deadlines.

Best way to be ready for the physical is to start a fitness program now. The RMC PPT is even more difficult then the CF physical. Best bet is to prepare now

Received an email a few days ago with an offer for ROTP then a position as an armour officer upon commission. I haven't gotten a phone call yet though? See you all this summer.

I have just completed first year studies at uOttawa and was accepted into ROTP recently, starting the summer at the end of my first year. I was told that since I had already completed first year that I may be reimbursed all expenses (Tuition, books etc.) for my first year.

Does anyone know if this reimbursement is actually something that will be done? If so, to what extent?

Thank-You

I never heard of a whole year reimbursement personally, but when I got selected for ROTP at Uottawa, they reimbursed my previous semester (since I was brought in around December) fully.

I was enrolled in November, though I don't recall if they dated my enrolment from the beginning of the semester or not. I swore in during December. Point is, as I understand, it's a case to case basis, I've heard of friends who got in on their second year of studies and who didn't get reimbursed for their first year. Ask your ULO, they'll be able to answer you about the specifics.

mattd42 said:
I was told that since I had already completed first year that I may be reimbursed all expenses (Tuition, books etc.) for my first year.

I was told the exact same thing when I was in the exact same situation.
What I got was a great job, a ton of opportunities and pretty decent pay. What I didn't get was back pay for my tuition or books etc. This was over 10 years ago so your mileage may vary but don't expect it. If I knew I wasn't going to get that first year paid back, would I still have joined? Yup. In the short term it seems like a big deal and a lot of money but in the long term its not really that big. Just my thoughts.

mattd42 said:
I have just completed first year studies at uOttawa and was accepted into ROTP recently, starting the summer at the end of my first year. I was told that since I had already completed first year that I may be reimbursed all expenses (Tuition, books etc.) for my first year.

Does anyone know if this reimbursement is actually something that will be done? If so, to what extent?

Thank-You

You are only entitled to reimbursement from the point of enrolment into the CF and beyond.  If you happen to be enrolled mid-stream, while still completing a semester, they will reimburse you for that entire semester.

Hey guys,
Have anyone else received their ROTP Nursing acceptance yet?
And, if you don't mind me asking, what were your qualifications (academic, EC etc.) like?

My medical stuff got in a bit too late, so I think I'll just reapply next year.
Thanks!

Danny78 said:
Just got the call today.  I'll be headed to basic June 27 for ROTP Nursing! So happy!!! Good luck to everyone!

LillianC_510 You may want to PM Danny78 for the information that you are looking for. A Nursing offer was seen a few posts earlier with that username, if you have not already done so.

I can confirm that the second round of offers are being sent out for ROTP as an offer was received here today for MARS. Good luck with your application and your continued persistence.

Does anyone knows if the dates are the same for a CT ? I am a reservist and still not received any answer ... I guess I will need to try next year !

Just got an offer for ROTP Pilot.

Finished second year at Western, transferring to RMC.

Enrolment June 10, 2015.
BMOQ July 13, 2015.

Let me know if any of you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer based upon my own application process.

NathB said:
Does anyone knows if the dates are the same for a CT ? I am a reservist and still not received any answer ... I guess I will need to try next year !

You can either contact DMCPG for an update, or the local CFRC who did your ROTP processing.

I receive my offer for ROTP MARS.
I'll be going to RMC starting in September; 1st year engineering.

Enrolment for me is on June 12, 2015 at CFRC Edmonton.

And I start BMOQ on July 13, 2015!

Congratulations to everybody who has been selected so far! I am looking forward to meeting you all!

And best of luck to those who are still waiting or battling your way through the application process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back