• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul_Ontario said:
I'm probably going to call the CFRC on Monday. Haven't heard anything in weeks after submitting the questionnaire.

Definitely check into it, some weird things have been going on.

baqir96 said:
Hi guys,

I applied to RMC around mid October and had my questionnaire and documents in by the end of October. I have a aptitude test next week, any tips on how to prepare (not looking for the questions). Like how long is it, what can i bring to the test and if its hard. I am currently in grade 12.

Thanks

Ditto to all the things stated by: Fiji_Boy_

To add to that:

Make sure you can complete all the questions on Forces.ca without any difficulty.

Search for general aptitude tests. These are good practice.

Biggest thing is though, get a good nights sleep beforehand and go in relaxed and you will do fine.

Good Luck! :)

baqir96 said:
Hi guys,

I applied to RMC around mid October and had my questionnaire and documents in by the end of October. I have a aptitude test next week, any tips on how to prepare (not looking for the questions). Like how long is it, what can i bring to the test and if its hard. I am currently in grade 12.

Thanks

MAKE SURE TO PUT THE CORRECT ANSWER INTO THE CORRECT LINE.

For example, put your answer for #16 in the line that says 16. If you end up offsetting all of your answers by one line you will fail. This almost happened to me on the problem solving section. Luckily I caught it in time and pulled off a very competitive score. So remember: slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Thanks guys, I will make sure to follow your advice and hopefully I will get a amazing score.  ;D

I submited my transcript and questionnaire to the RMC moodle on the 22nd of October. They didn't get back to me until I emailed North Bay on November 6th. They said if I didn't hear anything in the next three weeks I should contact them again. Well its december 2nd now and I just sent them another email, is it taking this long for everyone from mid to late October or is it a bad sign. :(

Poke them every now and then.

When i applied for ROTP, I got told the same thing. I waited as I didn't want to piss anyone off. They told me, 2 weeks so I called them back in 4 weeks. It turns out my file was put in the wrong spot they almost lost it, this status update on my file turned into, we need you to be here tomorrow for a CFAT. So I got my mom to drive me through a snow storm to get to the CFRC lol.

runormal said:
Poke them every now and then.

When i applied for ROTP, I got told the same thing. I waited as I didn't want to piss anyone off. They told me, 2 weeks so I called them back in 4 weeks. It turns out my file was put in the wrong spot they almost lost it, this status update on my file turned into, we need you to be here tomorrow for a CFAT. So I got my mom to drive me through a snow storm to get to the CFRC lol.

okay that scares me you think I should call them or wait for them to email back?

Calling is always better because then right away you will get a response. If you send an email, they might read it and forget about it. Or be about to send you an email when they get called to go do something else.

Given how long you have waited I'd recommend calling ,if they don't pick up try calling a few more times. Then when/if you leave a message make sure you briefly explain your situation and leave your name and phone number.

As well, the way the system is set up right now they don't get any sort of notification when they receive your file. Meaning that they have to go through the list of who knows how many applicants and try to find the new ones. Some people fall through the cracks so if you don't hear anything from them for a couple of weeks be sure to call and ask.

Paul_Ontario said:
Still waiting for RMC to complete their academic assessment

Did you call to make sure it was actually being completed? Weird things are happening this year and things are disappearing, getting lost, forgeooten etc.

Sinha said:
I submited my transcript and questionnaire to the RMC moodle on the 22nd of October. They didn't get back to me until I emailed North Bay on November 6th. They said if I didn't hear anything in the next three weeks I should contact them again. Well its december 2nd now and I just sent them another email, is it taking this long for everyone from mid to late October or is it a bad sign. :(

Give them a call back. And don't be worried about keeping in touch they aren't going to get frustrated as long as you aren't calling every other day.

I ended up just going in person to my RC. They booked my my CFAT (which I completed last week) and now I have my interview and medical booked for January. I submitted my academic assessment on Oct. 28 and since then I`ve heard nothing from RMC so I sent them an email asking for an update. Also when I went to CFRC Hamilton they had no physical documents that I had sent to North Bay originally but I was in their computer system.

So I got an email back from them and apparently they are still waiting on RMC to compile their suitability assessment, so I take it since others have already gotten their CFATs and medicals booked they threw me in the maybe pile.

Fiji_Boy_ said:
Congratulations! I really esteem your patience and great efforts! I am glad that after all your struggle you earned what you deserve ^_^
Once again, I am happy you are offered ROTP for pharmacy officer. By the way, how was your interview? Did it go ok? I have to go through interview soon... -.-a ;;;

Interview went well, it is the standard interview as with all other CF positions. U definitely need to be confident, and support your answers. Be yourself, and have a few personal stories ready. Prep them well, you want to go into detail about what you did and how you did. Because the officers does not know what you did unless you tell them. Little things matters, like one time that I was on the bus, and then it crashed into the car in front, causing an old lady thrown out of her seat, and injury her head. I took her to the hospital and ... etc. Be detail, describe little things. In healthcare, your care towards other matters. I notice you applied for healthcare trades as well, so be prep to care a lot, even when people yell at you.

generalmeng said:
Interview went well, it is the standard interview as with all other CF positions. U definitely need to be confident, and support your answers. Be yourself, and have a few personal stories ready. Prep them well, you want to go into detail about what you did and how you did. Because the officers does not know what you did unless you tell them. Little things matters, like one time that I was on the bus, and then it crashed into the car in front, causing an old lady thrown out of her seat, and injury her head. I took her to the hospital and ... etc. Be detail, describe little things. In healthcare, your care towards other matters. I notice you applied for healthcare trades as well, so be prep to care a lot, even when people yell at you.

Thank you for your kind and detailed response, Mr.generalmeng  :) I really appreciate your insight into this and it definitely helps and boost my confidence  ;D

P.S.
okay I will prep to care a lot, even when people YELL at me  :nod: great advice ^_^ haha

Called CFRC Hamilton to check up on things, RMC is still completing their assessments.

Hello all, I just have a question. Are applicants who already possess a degree and are applying to obtain a secondary degree through ROTP part of a different selection pool?

OblivionKnight said:
Hello all, I just have a question. Are applicants who already possess a degree and are applying to obtain a secondary degree through ROTP part of a different selection pool?

You sure are, you're called DEO (Direct Entry Officer).  If you already possess any type of recognized "undergrad degree", you are excluded from applying for ROTP and or attending RMC.

DAA said:
You sure are, you're called DEO (Direct Entry Officer).  If you already possess any type of recognized "undergrad degree", you are excluded from applying for ROTP and or attending RMC.

Hi DAA, the situation I'm in is a bit different I suppose. I already possess an Honours BSc in Life Sciences and applied as DEO in December 2012 to the combat arms. I went through the entire application process, but at the end I was told that my trade of interest was not available. Now I'm considering Nursing Officer, so I applied to some 2-year accelerated nursing programs. Am I not eligible for ROTP subsidization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back