• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo the Recruit "camp" in RMC was rather interesting, can now check off on my list of things to do, stay in a federally condemned building for 2 weeks.
Met some interesting people from all over Canada too which was cool.

Bravo Flight kicked other flights asses on inspections  :threat:

I am currently recovering from the Champlague and Death by Powerpoint.

Echo Flight was so good we got donuts.  8)

Heff18 said:
I am currently recovering from the Champlague and Death by Powerpoint.

Echo Flight was so good we got donuts.  8)

Hey Heff,  Echo flight as well.  I wonder how Malhan and Sadler are feeling about their choice to stay at RMC right now.  ;D I think they will do fine.

They were both almost in tears as my bus left, but I'm sure they're doing fine.

I've heard of some of the things the RMC'ers are doing during Delta Week and I must admit I'm a tadbit jealous of S & M.

What no Alpha, Bravo or Charlie flight on here?

Dammit

God was I happy to be on that first bud, miss my flight tho  :(

Hotel Flight, still here, getting owned. Although its toned down a bit in anticipation of FYOP.

Good luck to everyone applying! I recently passed CAPSS and now I'm just waiting for an offer which seems so far away. Just a couple questions, I've read some contradicting posts that state that the degree you are going for doesn't matter, but then I've also read posts where it says the degree matters a lot. So my question is... would my Kinesiology degree help or hinder my chances of getting an Air Ops offer or does it not matter as long as it's a degree?

Congrats on losing the 20 lbs and cutting your time down on the 5k run Tom! That's a big accomplishment considering it's only over one summer. I'm concentrating right now on lowering my 2.4 km/1.5 m run to below ten minutes (my goal is to get to 9 minutes). Doing a lot of HIIT (high intensity interval training). Helps your speed and it's one of the best ways to tone up. Then you will run well...but look better haha :p. But look it up if you haven't heard of it before, I highly recommend it to improve your time further.

Lastly, I'm just wondering who else is applying for Pilot? Maybe we could trade PMs? Anyways I better get going.
Cheers.

Hello all:

I am also applying for ROTP 2010-11.... I tried to get in last year but didnt get an acceptable CFAT score; the recruiter told me that I was so close to meeting the mark.... So, now I'm going to re-write it again... Im applying for Civy U as my 1st choice for NSAC w/Dalhousie -- 2yrs at NSAC, and the remanding 2yrs at Dal for an Engineering Degree.... I chose Air-Force with number one occupation choice as Construction Engineer, 2nd was Areospace Control, and the 3rd Logistics officer.... my 2nd and 3rd choice of Schools was CMR- St.Jean for the prep year, and RMC- Kingston.....

When I got the application the other day, the recruiter gave me the new info on the Canadian Forces Military Education plans, and it said that those selected, complete BOT in July, and then go to University the following September... Just seems kinda rushed dont you think? Get straight out of Basic, and then go to the class room?

I wish everyone the best with their applications!!

Greg

So hows every ones first weeks going?

(French class is awesome very nice....ummm......classmates  ;) )

I was also told that Officer Training for civvy-U was in July but it is not the full 14 weeks.  I guess we finish the rest of BOT the next summer.  A question I should of asked them.  I like the idea though of going straight from basic to the classroom, keeps the adrenaline flowing!!

CEEBEE501 said:
Soooo the Recruit "camp" in RMC was rather interesting, can now check off on my list of things to do, stay in a federally condemned building for 2 weeks.
Met some interesting people from all over Canada too which was cool.

Bravo Flight kicked other flights asses on inspections  :threat:

Yah but Charlie flight had the most fun

haha We had our SEM meeting today and we where reminiscing with Formosa and Walker about the good times in Kingston :p

yah Charlie flights highlight I would think would be the time we thought we were going to get cock but instead we got cake... Good times can't wait for BMOQ next summer...

Yah you got our damm hopes up that you might get in to trouble too, I was full of glee when i saw out of the corner of my eye what looked like you getting in trouble, but alas unlike standing at attention and mark time that night for us, that was a short lived hope.

I have recently applied for Civi Rotp as a Log officer. I am in my second year in a business program which seems to go well with the job description.
I completed the CFAT, medical and interview back in september. I received a call to notify me that I was on the merit list for the pre-selection in december. I am now waitting patiently for the snow to fall and december to show up.
I have a good GPA, lots of involvement in sports and other extracurricular stuff... so im hoping to get a call and get this stress of waiting of my shoulders.

anyone know when in december the merit board meets for the decisions?

mathabos said:
I have recently applied for Civi Rotp as a Log officer. I am in my second year in a business program which seems to go well with the job description.
I completed the CFAT, medical and interview back in september. I received a call to notify me that I was on the merit list for the pre-selection in december. I am now waitting patiently for the snow to fall and december to show up.
I have a good GPA, lots of involvement in sports and other extracurricular stuff... so im hoping to get a call and get this stress of waiting of my shoulders.

anyone know when in december the merit board meets for the decisions?

Hey, what GPA did you apply with? I had 3.9 and 4.0 for my first two terms at Waterloo (Electrical Engineering). I'm also hoping that i could make it on the merit list though my application was setback (CFAT on the 17th of November) because they accidentally closed my file.

mrmat29 said:
Hey, what GPA did you apply with? I had 3.9 and 4.0 for my first two terms at Waterloo (Electrical Engineering). I'm also hoping that i could make it on the merit list though my application was setback (CFAT on the 17th of November) because they accidentally closed my file.

When I applied this summer my cumulative GPA was 3.00 and I was told that my grades were great (even though I don't think so).
I  am assuming you are applying as an electrical engineer. So with those marks I don't see the slightest problem. Remember it is not all about the highest GPA, you have to have stuff like sports, extra curricular activities and some volunteering. They like to hear that you were a captain of a team or organized activities.
Good luck on your aptitude test

mathabos said:
When I applied this summer my cumulative GPA was 3.00 and I was told that my grades were great (even though I don't think so).
I  am assuming you are applying as an electrical engineer. So with those marks I don't see the slightest problem. Remember it is not all about the highest GPA, you have to have stuff like sports, extra curricular activities and some volunteering. They like to hear that you were a captain of a team or organized activities.
Good luck on your aptitude test

Thanks for your response. I applied for combat engineer as #1, then e&m engineer and finally communications engineer. As for extracurricular stuff, i think my stuff is pretty solid (lots of volunteering in high school, made it to ofsaa on the swim team, basketball team, soccer team, intramurals at Waterloo) but my only leadership position was in Gr. 12 when i was leader of the math club. One last thing - did they phone you to tell you that you made the merit list?

mrmat29 said:
Thanks for your response. I applied for combat engineer as #1, then e&m engineer and finally communications engineer. As for extracurricular stuff, i think my stuff is pretty solid (lots of volunteering in high school, made it to ofsaa on the swim team, basketball team, soccer team, intramurals at Waterloo) but my only leadership position was in Gr. 12 when i was leader of the math club. One last thing - did they phone you to tell you that you made the merit list?

Yes, they called me mid october to let me know I was officially on the list. That was about 3 weeks after I completed my interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back