• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

2011Applicant said:
I have a feeling it was a typo.
Substitute now for not.

I think so too since he previously said "I'm going to CMR first year.  Possibly because of overflow at RMC Kingston, or possibly because I never actually applied to RMC (really wanted Civ U)."

runormal said:
Hey, man I am in the same boat as you, I called our file manager on monday and he told me, that he should of known on Friday. He didn't say anything about not contacting over the phone. I'm going to call again today and post what he says,

I applied for Engineer Officer
Mars
Arty

through CFRC London.

So confused, apparently 9/25 applications from CFRC London got accepted so far, that is what my friend who got into RMC through London said

Also I was born in Canada.

Are you sure you are that's direct to the righht person, he was talking about not getting a call.

Thank you "runormal" for your input...I would like to confirm that I have directly spoken to the file manager for ROTP regular forces for 2011...And he is a Master Seaman...

thevagabondheart said:
Thank you "runormal" for your input...I would like to confirm that I have directly spoken to the file manager for ROTP regular forces for 2011...And he is a Master Seaman...

Yup, he handles all the ROTP apps from what I hear, I'm going to call him on Tuesday, see what he has to say.  Have great Easter everyone!

Nothing from CFRC Saskatoon. Again. Though, it might have been because the line was busy, my father was on the phone all bloody day. Anyways, I'll have to phone them after Easter and see.

I was wondering if we get leave during the summer if we've already finished all of our trade specific training. My trade is pilot so BMOQ would take up one summer but then I would only have three weeks of courses left for the remaining two summers. (Sea survival, land survival, aeromedical) Even if I did the first phase of flight training in a subsequent summer that still leaves one summer completely free. Would I go to OJT after I've used up my 20 days of leave?

Canadian1992 said:
Would I go to OJT after I've used up my 20 days of leave?

Yes, anytime your not on course or leave you are on on OJT or EWAT (Employment while awaiting training).

Lookin' at joining the Reserves for next year, since I wasn't accepted. I'd preferably apply for Officer, but I'm just hoping they have positions available for the fall and accept me.

Maverick94 said:
Lookin' at joining the Reserves for next year, since I wasn't accepted. I'd preferably apply for Officer, but I'm just hoping they have positions available for the fall and accept me.

If your intention is to join the Reserves, do not wait until the Fall; apply now.  The paperwork and processing takes just as long as for the Regs, which in your case may be moot; but you still have to find a Reserve unit that will accept you.  Also remember that they may not be looking for officers, as they may be over their 'quota' already.

George Wallace said:
If your intention is to join the Reserves, do not wait until the Fall; apply now.  The paperwork and processing takes just as long as for the Regs, which in your case may be moot; but you still have to find a Reserve unit that will accept you.  Also remember that they may not be looking for officers, as they may be over their 'quota' already.

Sorry, what I meant to say in my previous post was that I'm looking at applying to reserve units right now to start in the fall. I'm hoping that some of my ROTP file will transfer over since I've done the processing. And I think I've found one unit that has spots. All of the other Ottawa units seem to be full, but the Foot Guards mentioned they had some spots. Just waiting for an email back from the recruiter.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear. The wait can be painful especially with life decisions on the line.

Just got the call 4 weeks ago that I was accepted for Civi U as an Artillery Officer at Queen's University for Arts.

Any other ROTP accepted students going to Queen's here?
If so, see you in September!

Well I decided to call the recruiting centre today. Turns out I didn't make this years cut.

Anyway good luck to all of those that made it and those that are still waiting.

This is probably my first post on the board but..

I heard last week that I'll be attending RMC in Fall 2011 for MARS! It'd be great to hear from some others who'll be attending or anyone with advice/stories to share!
Thanks

Well, at least the recruiting officer told me that if anyone does turn down a job offer for the trades I applied for (Infantry, Armour and Artillery Officer), I am on the list to receive a job offer provides someone above me turns it down.

So, if someone could please turn down an offer for one of those three, that'd be great  :p I'm kidding of course, I wish you all well, and I will find a way into the Army, one way or another. I will never, never quit.

Back