• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Just want to give an update on how my process is going.  I got a few phone calls yesterday from some of my references saying that they were called, and also a phone call from the Recruiting Centre, two weeks to the day after handing in my forms.  Unfortunately, I was at school when they called, and they left a message asking for me to call back.  Unfortunately again, I had to leave a message both times trying to call them back.  I hope to get through to them today, and we will see where it goes from here.

Hi guys... I've applied about 4 weeks ago at the Toronto CFRC. I'm currently in 2nd year Electrical Engineering at Waterloo. I haven't heard from them regarding my CFAT. How long have you guys been waiting for on average? Btw, they did give me a more detailed security form to fill in and return on the day of my CFAT. Did you guys receive this also?

St. John called me this morning, and informed me that they will be sending my RMC Questionaire off to RMC, and I have been tentatively scheduled for testing, interview, and medical on the 17 and 18 of November, but I am trying to have those dates moved up closer to the end of this month or early November because of some border crossing problems I may encounter. 

After a few messages left back and forth between myself and the recruiting office, we finally got a hold of each other.  I am now booked for my CFAT on this coming Tuesday, 3 weeks and a day after handing in my forms.  Much faster than I expected.

Hey guys, I'm currently a highschool graduate taking a year off to apply for RMC (again). I'm looking at going Infantry or Intelligence (in that order) and looking to major in military & strategic studies. Paperwork's done, I'm just having trouble with that stupid essay.... (Never feel like I write enough!)

I had initially I had written 6 pages for that essay, but when I really sat down and thought it out.  I wrote one page, but in that page I put enough emotion and thought into that I am comfortable with the length. 

Beastie9 said:
Hey guys, I'm currently a highschool graduate taking a year off to apply for RMC (again). I'm looking at going Infantry or Intelligence (in that order) and looking to major in military & strategic studies. Paperwork's done, I'm just having trouble with that stupid essay.... (Never feel like I write enough!)

Me and you are somewhat in the same situation; I too am a high school graduate re-applying for ROTP - AGAIN!

With regards to the essay, mine was kept to one full page + a few lines on a second. Basically, I described the University program I wanted to take (Civy U), and explained my reasons for wanting to join the CF (Air Force) as a Officer.... Just waiting now for a wavier to re-write CFAT for the 3rd time - wrote it once when I applied for Reserves, and again last year when I applied for ROTP.

Best of luck to you!

Greg H

I recieved word today that I am "suitable" for RMC, I have scheduled my testing and interview for 18-19 Nov.  Just one step closer haha. 

Got my call today, I'm told that my file is incomplete because the photo and birth certificate are missing although I had brought both with me the first time i gave my application. Apparently, they had forgotten to photocopy them when I brought them in with my application.

Looks like another two weeks of waiting.

Hey everyone!  :)

I'm applying for RMC 2010-2011 as well. I applied for Armoured, Combat Engineer, and Infantry, and for university degree I applied for Chemical Engineering. I've been in the Reserves for a year now, so I don't have to redo my medical or aptitude test, just the interview. My application is in and my CT is complete, and now my interview is scheduled for Nov. 5.

I just have a few questions -
1) If anyone has already went through their RMC interview and is allowed to say, what kinds of questions do they ask?
2) If I do my interview Nov. 5, do you think I will be eligible for the early selection board? Does anyone know the exact date of the early selection board?
3) What are the average grades of people applying, and what kind of extracurricular activities? 

VBanks said:

I'm applying for RMC 2010-2011 as well. I applied for Armoured, Combat Engineer, and Infantry, and for university degree I applied for Chemical Engineering. I've been in the Reserves for a year now, so I don't have to redo my medical or aptitude test, just the interview. My application is in and my CT is complete, and now my interview is scheduled for Nov. 5.

1) If anyone has already went through their RMC interview and is allowed to say, what kinds of questions do they ask?
2) If I do my interview Nov. 5, do you think I will be eligible for the early selection board? Does anyone know the exact date of the early selection board?
3) What are the average grades of people applying, and what kind of extracurricular activities?

I can only answer for question 3 as my application is moving rather slowly (CFAT on the 17th of November) though I am interested if anyone knows the answers to questions 1 and 2.

For my grades, i had a 95% average in highschool and a score of 39 on my IB diploma. In my first year in Electrical Engineering at University of Waterloo I've had 89% average for my first term and a 91.3% for my second term. I'm intending to switch to Electrical Engineering at RMC and my first choice is Combat Engineer. In terms of extracurricular activities, I've been playing intramural basketball and soccer at UW as well as swimming for my highschool team. In addition, i've listed numerous other clubs (math, physics etc.) that i've participated in during highschool.

Cheers,
Mihai

VBanks said:

I applied for civvy-U ROTP for a Nursing Officer.  I am in first year with an average of about 85% (All my marks aren't back yet from mid-terms).  I submitted my application prior to starting so the only marks they have at this point are my Pre-Health marks that were 93% overall average.  As for extra-curricular, I work-out regularly, coach baseball, I am a student facult representative, and volunteer childcare for my church's sunday school).

That is all I can answer so far.  Haven't had interview, but passed my medical yesterday.

I received word today that my Kin degree at UWO is suitable for ROTP. I am absolutely done the process now.

VBanks said:

Check up on here for info on the interview. There is a bunch. As for the early selection board, my file manager told me today that it takes place in December and that they aren't accepting many applicants. I think 7 in total, but I can't quite remember the exact number. She also said these selections are mainly for RMC applicants for specific trades as well. So most RMC selections, and most likely all civi u selections will be in March but get your process done as quick as possible so you can at least have a chance at the early selection board. No one on here knows if you will get into the early selection board though. Do your part by trying to complete your process as quick as possible by staying in contact with your recruiting center regularly and scheduling everything as early as the recruiting center possibly can. That way you know you did as much as you could. Everything will work out in the end though. Good luck.

Done CFAT today!
Medical and interview booked for November 26th.

Good luck to everyone else!

All ROTP applicants in the Barrie/Simcoe and surrounding areas:

ROTP Seminar will be held on Monday November 2 from 6-9pm at the Army, Navy & A.F. Club
There is lots of room available and the evening will consist of a PowerPoint presentation and question and answer period. 

Call Barrie CFRC to book your spot.

Christ Almighty, it is taking forever to get my application back from Toronto! I've been waiting 2 weeks almost for Toronto to send my CF50 back so I can switch it from Reserves to ROTP but it's taking them forever! The painful thing is all I have to do is an updated interview and I'm done! If anyone else is in the Barrie/Simcoe area, watch out for Toronto, they've given me nothing but grief for the past few months! I was ready to get sworn in for the reserves by August, file ready for download and everything, they sent it to Toronto, and they didn't do anything with it at all even up into October, then I request it back to switch it to ROTP because the reserve thing was taking to long, and it's taken them two weeks when it should normally take TWO DAYS!!!!!!

Beastie9 said:
Christ Almighty, it is taking forever to get my application back from Toronto! I've been waiting 2 weeks almost for Toronto to send my CF50 back so I can switch it from Reserves to ROTP but it's taking them forever! The painful thing is all I have to do is an updated interview and I'm done! If anyone else is in the Barrie/Simcoe area, watch out for Toronto, they've given me nothing but grief for the past few months! I was ready to get sworn in for the reserves by August, file ready for download and everything, they sent it to Toronto, and they didn't do anything with it at all even up into October, then I request it back to switch it to ROTP because the reserve thing was taking to long, and it's taken them two weeks when it should normally take TWO DAYS!!!!!!

I had a not-so-good experience with CFRC Toronto as well. I applied early september for ROTP and i waited almost a month for them to schedule my CFAT. Luckily i went down there a few days ago to check on my application and they accidentally closed my file. I had it reopened and scheduled my CFAT for November 17.

Did CFAT and interview yesterday and passed with enough points for officer. Was told not to discuss test or interview with other people. Was also told that intake for pilot last year was "0" as there are too many pilots and they are behind in training. The only way to get pilot is RMC and maybe UWO CAMP but scolarship will not cover flight traing costs anymore. Has anybody else heard anything similar?

Back