• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RORY MANNING, SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS

grumpy frenchman

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a new member, and thus still a bit shaky when it comes to the rules concerning the disclure of personal info, so I apologize in advance if my admittedly sensitive question violates any of them. What I am looking for is anyone who would be able to tell me the final resting place of Cpl. Rory Manning of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, who died in an avalanche in Vancouver's North Shore Mountains in early 1999. I was in Manning's QL2/3 training platoon at the PPCLI Battle School in Wainwright in the summer of 1996, but I ended up serving in another regiment following graduation, and did not keep in touch with him afterward. The news of his death saddened me greatly, but so far, I have not been able to pay my respects at his grave, because all my attempts to find it have failed. If anyone would be able to fill me in on this, this grumpy frenchman would be very grateful.  :cdn:

Try the Seaforth Regimental Association they are on the web, or you could contact the Bn OR. I do know that Rory was from Ontario and that his family came out when his body was recovered, so he may have been interred in Ontario.

Good luck
Noneck

rory manningis buried in Collingwood , Ontario.

any more info and you can pm me

Rory Manning is buried in the graveyard of St. Cornelius Church located at 16631 Kennedy Road, Caledon, ON.

Back