• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC personal belongings question

I did a couple of searches but this was the closest board I could find that related to my quesiton. 

"Prohibited Articles. Do not bring any of the following items with you:

■• Food stuff (fruits, chips, candy, etc) and drink "

- From the RMC Joining Instructions

Does this include Protein Powder?  I am not refering to any form of steroids, weight or mass gainer.  Just simple protein powder to help muscles heal while during the intense fitness.

macknightcr said:
I did a couple of searches but this was the closest board I could find that related to my quesiton. 

"Prohibited Articles. Do not bring any of the following items with you:

■• Food stuff (fruits, chips, candy, etc) and drink "

- From the RMC Joining Instructions

Does this include Protein Powder?  I am not refering to any form of steroids, weight or mass gainer.  Just simple protein powder to help muscles heal while during the intense fitness.

Good evening,

Here's a link with a clear answer to your question:

6.Protein supplements to augment performance are not allowed.

http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/14c-14t/index-eng.asp

Enjoy the reading ;)
Alea

Dude,

Your first few weeks will likely be very, very regimented.  You will have 0 liberties and everything will have to be at a set standard.  You will not have the chance to take supplements, unless it is prescribed.  Bring the basics.  You will likely be in uniform 24h a day for the first little while. Once the indoctrination period is over, then buy protein powder. 

All I wanted to know was it allowed in the room?  So you are saying it is after FYOP?

Thanks,
Dude

macknightcr said:
All I wanted to know was it allowed in the room?  So you are saying it is after FYOP?

During FYOP, no. But what do I know? FYOP seems to get weaker and weaker every year...

After FYOP you will be allowed to (almost) live normally. You'll still have a strict room standard, but it can be beaten easily; just ensure your room is up to standard during the week days. Weekends, you can go nuts (comparatively). Just don't go walking around the halls with a beer or mickey in your hands and you'll be fine.

cheeky_monkey said:
Just don't go walking around the halls with a beer or mickey in your hands and you'll be fine.

:rofl: I will do what I can to control myself.  Thanks for the info about "normal" living.

macknightcr said:
:rofl: I will do what I can to control myself.  Thanks for the info about "normal" living.

Yeah, we live in a bubble here, for better (long term) and for worse (short term). Just expect it to be difficult, and it will be easier for you to get acclimatised.

Back