• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Cadet Caught with AIr Rifle

birdgunnnersrule

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.thewhig.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=91332&catname=Local+News

I guess that they are going to be talking to this individual after he returns from leave.  I think the individual should be punted for plain stupidity. 

birdgunnnersrule said:
http://www.thewhig.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp?contentid=91332&catname=Local+News

I guess that they are going to be talking to this individual after he returns from leave.   I think the individual should be punted for plain stupidity.  
         Why? Sounds like good 2nd Lt. material to me   ;)
        (sorry ,tried hard but I couldn't resist!)

Sounds like something a cadet would do not an officer wait it was an officer cadet

What is the lowest possible score one can get on the aptitude test and still be accepted into RMC?  I bet this OCdt knows.

A good soldier should never leave his substitute weapon   behind :warstory: ::)    

"The issue was that somebody inadvertently or I don't even know what possessed someone to carry on a prohibited weapon, but it was picked up in security and all the protocols were followed"

A prohibited weapon?  Yeah the guy's an idiot, but since when is an air-rfile a prohibited weapon?

Well any weapon is prohibited on civilian aircraft. You cant take nail clippers, so Im sure you cant take an air rifle. :)

Ah.  So they just misused the term "prohibited weapon".  Goddamn people with their redundant meaningless words.  If every weapon is prohibited on an aircraft, why use the word prohibited at all?

I remember flying in and out of there on exercise a few years back...I was carrying a Browning 9mm too...I guess they don't mind so much when you bring your own helicopter and flight crew, and intend to leave in it!

As for the officer cadet...Well...If he's gonna do stuff like that maybe the CF is better off giving his spot at RMC to someone who is slightly more...on the ball?

Slim :cdn: :salute:

48Highlander said:
Ah. So they just misused the term "prohibited weapon". Goddamn people with their redundant meaningless words. If every weapon is prohibited on an aircraft, why use the word prohibited at all?

That is par for the Kingston Sub-Standard.  That paper was always a hoot to read.  The editorials were funnier than the comics.

GW

And just think, they told us just before leave "Don't screw up, or if you must, don't do it in a high profile way." I hope this guy gets chewed out real good by the DSM when he gets back.

You can't bring nail clippers?

What are they gonna do pinch you to death?

They mine as well ban socks and remove all the carpeting from planes incase a terrorist takes his shoes off and rubs his feet on the carpet and threatens to shock everybody to death.

Could you imagine the negotiations

Terrorist 1:"We have 4 men with nail clippers and were not afraid to use them"
Cop:"Um ok you see thoose guys dressed in black body armor holding sub machine guns on the tarmac comming towards the plane?"
Terrorist  1:"Yeah why?"
Cop:"Did you hear me?"
Terrorist 1:"Yeah you said see thoose guys dressed in black body armor holding,  oh sh*!"
Terrorist 2:"Ok what was our back up plan again?"
Terrorist 1:"Tell them the plane is haunted, turn off the lights, lock the doors and hide under the seats"
Terrorist 2:"You're so smart its a good thing we let you plan this whole thing"

Big Foot said:
And just think, they told us just before leave "Don't screw up, or if you must, don't do it in a high profile way." I hope this guy gets chewed out real good by the DSM when he gets back.

"or if you must, don't do it in a high profile way."   At least they fully understand the reality of being a university student.   ;D

"Don't screw up, or if you must, don't do it in a high profile way."

Or:

hould you, or any member of your I.M. force, be caught, or killed, the secretary will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

Or:

Truth, Duty, Valour, Don't get caught.

c4th said:
Truth, Duty, Valour, Don't get caught.
Amen to that, RMCs unofficial motto. Applies in a wide variety of cases, this one is no exception.

Ghost said:
You can't bring nail clippers?

What are they gonna do pinch you to death?

No, but apparently some dweeb thinks that the file can actually kill or maim someone.  I actually had the personal misfortune to witness some self important airline agent snap my file off my clippers because I refused to check my shaving kit at an airport one time.  This was the same airport where I wasn`t going to be allowed on the aircraft with my medical pouch because I had tape in it - forget my scissors, scalpels, controlled drugs and such, just tape.  The let me go becasue it wasn`t guntape.  I sometimes wonder.

MM

[Moderator note:  Edited for quote format/clarity only - no content changed]

The mentality of some of these 'security' people is amazing.  My sister flew back from Australia a couple of years ago for Christmas and had her nail clippers confiscated, yet for the whole flight across the Pacific the rude woman sitting next to her sat there repairing jeans and knitting with 12 inch knitting needles.  Now what is more dangerous; a four inch nail clipper or a twelve inch steel knitting needle?  Oh, yess....the Airline crew never bothered to even question that person about the needles.

GW

Back