• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rmc application advice

Murph1997

Inactive
Reaction score
Im just looking for some advice on applying to RMC and basically looking for anyone to let me know how strong my application is.

Im just going into grade 12 this year, in grades 9 and 10 i finished with averages in the 80s (87 in grade 9 and 80 in grade 10) in grade 11 i struggled a little bit and ended up with a 76 average (my parents went through a VERY rough divorce and I had other distractions in my life.) However things have settled quite a bit and I am VERY confidant i can achieve much better grades this year.

As for outside of academics, I play highschool football, run cross country, play rep hockey and rep ,aswell as school, rugby. I was an assistant captain on my hockey team and I was also captain of my schools rugby team.
I was a member of "link crew" at my school (a program that has senior students "Link" the grade 9s to the student body.) Im also a member of the student athletic council at my school.

As for volunteer work I have logged over 100 volunteer hours for school and on top of that I am the trainer for a local rep youth hockey team and I help out at a local  hockey tournament.

I have a job working at a local arena as a rink attendant (rink rat). But in the past I have refereed hockey, umpired baseball, worked at a private school moving furniture, and worked at a summer camp.

So if anyone has any comments on how strong my application would be or any ways I could make it stronger Id appreciate any comments. Also if anyone has a recommendation on whether or not taking french throughout highschool is essential id appreciate it.

Candidates for ROTP / RMC are selected based on the "full picture" of their achievements and experience.

Top grades are useful - but not mandatory - so one bad year shouldn't kill your chances. However, if there is an opportunity to upgrade your marks with summer school or through a local college, it wouldn't hurt. (personal anecdote - I had a "D" in my final term of grade 11 before entering CMR and carried maybe an 80 average throughout grades 9-10-11 - definitely not a top student...)

Its good that you do a lot of sports - fitness as a military officer is very important.

If you really want to round out your application - experience in leadership roles is your best bet. Highlight those and it will go a long way towards getting your application to the top of the pile.

Finally - french - yes - take it. As a CF officer you will have to be bilingual. The more practice now, the better.

Back