• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RIP Pte Kevin McKay, PPCLI, 13 May 2010

dapaterson

Army.ca Dinosaur
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
CBC news is reporting Pte Kevin McKay of the PPCLI was killed by an IED.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/05/13/canadian-soldier.html

R.I.P PTE McKay, may your sacrifce be remembered and may your family find solace in this time of sorrow... :salute: :cdn:

my condolences to his family and friends..........RIP Pte McKay  :salute: :cdn:

:salute:

RIP, time to meet your brothers and sisters at the final RV.

My condolences to the family, loved ones and Regimental family of Pte McKay.

:cdn:

My sincere condolences.

More sad news for family and friends.

So many lives will be touched by the loss of one, which we all know is too many.

OWDU

Just read that he was due to leave for home in two days.  It's shitty on day 1 or on day 200.  I just think that this hurts just a bit more.

I'm not sure what I mean.  This is just so sad.

He was on the home stretch & so close to being alive by a couple of days and that's sadder somehow & maybe what you meant.

Condolences to all.

Just waking to this awful news.

Technoviking said:
Just read that he was due to leave for home in two days.  It's shitty on day 1 or on day 200.  I just think that this hurts just a bit more.

I'm not sure what I mean.  This is just so sad.

I know what you mean Techno.

My condolences to the family of Pte McKay.

RIP soldier :salute: :cdn:

News Room
One Canadian soldier killed by improvised explosive device
CEFCOM NR – 10.008 - May 14, 2010

OTTAWA — One Canadian soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device detonated during a dismounted night patrol in the Panjwayi district, approximately 15 kilometres southwest of Kandahar City, at 8:00 p.m. Kandahar time on May 13, 2010.

Mackay_T.jpg

Private Kevin Thomas McKay

Killed in action was Private Kevin Thomas McKay from the 1st Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, Alberta. He was serving as a member of the Task Force 3-09 Battle Group.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of our fallen Canadian comrade during this sad time.The commitment and sacrifice of our soldiers and their loved ones are helping to make a difference in the lives of the people of Kandahar Province.

Together, Afghan National Security Forces and Joint Task Force Afghanistan continue to maintain the initiative in Kandahar Province. Canada in partnership with the Afghan government and ISAF remain committed to improving the security situation in order to set the conditions for reconstruction and development in the region.

–30–

Note to editors: A photograph of Private Kevin Thomas McKay is available on the Fallen Canadians page of the Department of National Defence website. Please visit http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/news-nouvelles/fallen-disparus/index-eng.asp

Shitty news to wake up to........

Condolences to the family, friends and, regimental family of Pte McKay....

:salute:

Damn...

Condolences to McKay's family, colleagues and friends  :salute:

My deepest condolences to the family, comrades and friends of Pte McKay.  I am really saddened to see that he was so short too.  May you be the last one friend.  :cdn: :salute:

My heart aches for his family, friends and anyone touched by this loss!

Also, if you are affected by what you read because of a past loss of your own, my heart goes out to you as well. 

TFLY said:
My heart aches for his family, friends and anyone touched by this loss!

Also, if you are affected by what you read because of a past loss of your own, my heart goes out to you as well.

Each time I see the flag at half when I'm heading into base I feel like I've been kicked in the chest all over again.
My thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of Pte McKay and to all of us that have lost someone we love. It is always a comfort to know that we are not alone and that there are people out there who will remember with us.
Rest in Peace, you will not be forgotten :cdn:

Back