• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ribbons!

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Yep, you've probably noticed that 3 of your medals are now shown as ribbons in your badge. I may make this optional (like the badge itself) but just wanted to give it a whirl. Let me know what you think! :)

Luckily it's stops at three...or else we'd look like amuricuns...especially as we (AO) has medals for peeing in the toilet properly...LOL.Thanks Mike~~~ :piper:

That's pretty cool. Is it sorted in any particular way (like level achieved) or is it more or less random?

crooks,

It's more or less random at the moment, though I hope to improve on that given a bit of time.

I don't really like it. I don't see the point in it, and I find it makes it look cluttered.
:2c:

Thanks bdave, I appreciate the honesty. This weekend I hope to make the ribbon display optional.

Folks,

Ribbons are now off by default. If you want them to appear, you'll need to check the Include recent ribbons (medals) on your badge option on your PER.

Options!!!!

AHHHH!!!!!! What to do what to do!!!!  I'm so confused!!!

;D

NS

I like the idea but seems like it will display multiple identical ribbons for achievements earned for different level.s...

It does... behind the scenes the query to get your ribbon info is fairly convoluted, and to change it would likely introduce a pretty significant performance hit for the server. If I get some time I'll try to take a look at it, but with so many other fires burning, it's not likely to be for a while. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
It does... behind the scenes the query to get your ribbon info is fairly convoluted, and to change it would likely introduce a pretty significant performance hit for the server. If I get some time I'll try to take a look at it, but with so many other fires burning, it's not likely to be for a while. :)

While I agree that it would be a bit much to show every ribbon in every post it might be nice to display that on the profile page.

If you click on the "Afghan Ops badge" for any player it will take you to their game profile which shows all their medals.

Mike Bobbitt said:
If you click on the "Afghan Ops badge" for any player it will take you to their game profile which shows all their medals.

I know, I just meant the ribbons themselves without the accompanying text. Although now that I type it out I suppose it would be redundant.

Back