• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reunions are important

mad dog 2020

Inactive
Reaction score
We are a group of Cold War warrior (70/80s) who grew up as young soldiers in Germany and over time we are located all over Canada.
About 5 yrs ago we decided to meet up after over 30 years.
We enjoyed it so much we have an annual thing.
I just got back from this years and it is so up-lifting.
We usually tie in with a Local Legion and our attendance is very beneficial to them. Our experiences have been extremely encouraging. We also incorporate a golf day. With BBQs at the legion.
I would recommend this to every unit, ship or group. Time marches on and it is nice to see old friends.
If you were thinking about it, now is the time.
Good luck.  :cdn: :salute:

So, was this a Unit thing. Or was it any Germany veteran from that time period. Is this an organized group that anyone can join? Where was it held?

Oh, and pics!

No pictures as I would have to ask all involved. Ours is RCHA, and held in Trenton annually in early Aug.
We had an open concept and many of the locals came out and jam with our guys.
Br 110 is fantastic. The Base golf course was good and at a fair price.

Dozens of people came out Tuesday to say farewell to nearly 200 veterans that were on a weekend retreat in northern Saskatchewan.

The soldiers that came from the United States, Canada, Australia and Great Britain spent their time in Nipawin on a fishing trip put together by the Wounded Warriors organization.

The group also received treatment for post traumatic stress disorder.

David Desjardins, who served in Afghanistan with the Canadian Military Police, said he was skeptical about coming but is glad he did.

"I mean even when there was nobody else around we were always together and we were talking things out and working things through," said Desjardins. "I think it made everybody stronger."

Bobby Henline, who has been on four tours in Iraq with the US Army, said being on the retreat has helped with the healing process.

"We help each other with different tools and issues we have with coming home from war," said Henline.

He lost part of his leg to an improvised explosive device while on duty.

"We actually relax when we are around each other more, because of what we have all been through together," said Henline.

"You're not always watching your back because you're around your brothers and sisters that are watching your back."

The veterans paraded around Wascana Park and the legislative building before flying out of Regina.

This was the second weekend organized by Wounded Warriors — next year the retreat will be held in a different province.

Back