• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Paul (or anybody else): Can you get both? I have my 75,  but should I then also get this CFOne to cover all places that provide military discounts?

I believe they discontinued the NDI75.
The CFOne Card is replacing it.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Paul (or anybody else): Can you get both? I have my 75,  but should I then also get this CFOne to cover all places that provide military discounts?

The CAF ceased issuing NDI75's as of 1 Feb 16.  The only method of identifying yourself as a former member/veteran of the CAF these days is to obtain the CFOne Card which will indicate you are a Veteran.  Yes you can have both and the CFOne is widely recognized for obtaining discounts.

I just heard about a new photo ID being developed for Veterans. It is issued by the government, good for 10 years and will be treated as government ID. Apparently to be released in 2018. 

Chief Stoker said:
I just heard about a new photo ID being developed for Veterans. It is issued by the government, good for 10 years and will be treated as government ID. Apparently to be released in 2018.

That echoes what we were told about a year ago at a VAC stakeholders summit. No idea why it's taking so long, but they've been very slowly plugging away at it.

Whaaaaaaat?  You mean the CF One card isn't fan-fuckng-tastic???  I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.

jollyjacktar said:
Whaaaaaaat?  You mean the CF One card isn't fan-fuckng-tastic???  I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.

The CFOne card was never intended to be anything but a discount / CFMWS access card. The veterans ID has just been extremely slow to roll out. It's VAC assuming a role they never had before.

Chief Stoker said:

So does that mean you stop being a veteran after 10 years?  >:D

ModlrMike said:
So does that mean you stop being a veteran after 10 years?  >:D

No, but it's a great way for VAC to database contact information for retired veterans when they renew their ID, in case VAC has a requirement/mandate to follow up broadly with the Veterans community on some matter. Just a thought.

Brihard said:
The CFOne card was never intended to be anything but a discount / CFMWS access card. The veterans ID has just been extremely slow to roll out. It's VAC assuming a role they never had before.
Well, I must have been getting the wrong end of the stick, obviously.  There was quite a bit of fuss kicked up here in other threads about the replacement of the NDI 75 card with the One card.  http://navy.ca/forums/threads/33531.50.html

I also heard today they are still issuing NDI 75's as the backlog before Feb 16 is still being resolved.

According to the French language text on the back of the CFOne Card, "This card is not a card" ("Cette carte n'est pas une carte").

Chief Stoker said:
I also heard today they are still issuing NDI 75's as the backlog before Feb 16 is still being resolved.

That is not what I was told when I recently released.

SeaKingTacco said:

CANFORGEN 011/16

TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE (NDI 75) CARD

UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. OP ORDER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW CFONE CARD, 23 JUNE 2015
B. CFAO 15-2
C. MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES

1. UNDERSTANDING THE NEED TO FULLY AND PROPERLY RECOGNIZE SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES (CAF) AND THEIR FAMILIES, THE CAF WILL TRANSITION FROM THE RECORD OF SERVICE CARD (NDI75) TO THE CFONE CARD AS THE RECOGNITION CARD OF CHOICE. AS PART OF THIS TRANSITION, THE CAF WILL CEASE PROCESSING OF THE NDI 75 EFFECTIVE 1 FEBRUARY, 2016

2. THE CFONE CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL SERVING AND FORMER MEMBERS OF THE CAF AND THEIR FAMILIES. VETERANS OF THE CAF WILL RECEIVE A SPECIALLY DESIGNED CARD THAT RIGHTFULLY DISTINGUISHES THEM AS A VETERAN OF THE CAF. DETAILS FOR HOW TO OBTAIN A CFONE CARD ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH CFMWS AND AT THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT WWW.CF1FC.CA

3. WHILE THE NDI 75 CARD WILL NO LONGER BE IN PRODUCTION, THE CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE DOCUMENTATION (DND 2279 OR CF 707 AND CF 54) WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROVIDED TO ALL RETIRING AND TRANSITIONING MEMBERS OF THE CAF AS THEY FINALIZE THEIR ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO DEPARTING THE CAF

4. RESPECTIVE URS WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE THE DND 2279 AND CF 707 DOCUMENTS FOR MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 10 YEARS OF SERVICE (YOS) AND DMCA WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE CF 54 FOR MEMBERS WITH MORE THAN 10 YOS. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE REFER TO COMMANDER MPC WEB PAGE OF THE MILITARY HUMAN RESOURCES RECORDS PROCEDURES PUBLICATION (MHRRP) HTTP://UPKPROD.DESC.MIL.CA/HRMSP/ENG/DATA/TOC.HTML

5. REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW CFONE CARD WILL BE REDIRECTED TO CFMWS WHO WILL PROVIDE MORE DETAILS WITHIN THE COMING WEEKS

Well there you go. I released after feb 16. That is why I was not offered one.

SeaKingTacco said:

From another site . " I reached our to DMCA 4 and asked if they were still processing the NDI 75. The response is as follows: They are no longer processing applications for the NDI 75. Applications already in progress prior to 1 Feb 16 are still being processed and the back log is slowly being cleared up, they apologize for any confusion wrt the policy.". Folks caught up in the backlog are still receiving NDI 75 Record of Service cards"

SeaKingTacco said:
Well there you go. I released after feb 16. That is why I was not offered one.

Makes sense. VAC is developing an ID for veterans that will be treated as actual government ID, should be ready fairly soon and a good re[placement for the NDI 75.

Chief Stoker said:
Makes sense. VAC is developing an ID for veterans that will be treated as actual government ID, should be ready fairly soon and a good re[placement for the NDI 75.

so....... new vets ID in 2045 then?

Ok, I live in the Land of Smiles and Sum LOL Thailand.  When I was discharged in 2001 they gave me an ID card.  Unfortunately, i lost my wallet and with it my ID card. 

I reported it to the Canadian Embassy CF ATTACHE but they did not care.

Now besides that being the one thing that said I served it was great and acted as a replacement for my passport many times.

I would like to know who I report the loss too and how or if I can get it replaced.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Beastintheeast,

Sorry to hear you've lost your card. Sadly in 2016, the old cards were replaced with the "CF One" card program.  This new card must be used with a second form of government ID in order to benefit from any potential military discounts. You can apply for this new card through the Canex website.

Back